New
Find
Notify
Tools

loads for 6mm rem imp rimmed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anybody have a load or two for 6mm rem improved rimed (single shot round)probably with h4831 (cause i have a chitload of it)

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Do you own Parker's book? If not,I can send you some data.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have it -forgot all about it

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The 6mm was the .244 was necked down from the .257 which was necked down from the 7x57 Mauser... Then there are the improvers. Mr. A showed me the .243 Rockchucker by Mr. Huntington [my gunsmith buddy told me he built himself one but the most accurate loads were in military brass and no more power than the new .243 WCF so he went 243WCF], an in proved, necked down .257... So I would wander around in that area. B). Mr. A wrote that the .25 Krag Improved and the .257 Roberts Improved had the same powder capacity. I don't think that the difference, .244 vs. 257, would make a great deal of difference with proper load development. Best of Luck. Happy Easter. Happy Trails.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
6mm Rem AI
70 gr Nosler BT
44.3 gr N 140
1 gr over book max
I started with 6mm book max to fireform and worked up.
Scott

Posts: 124 | Location: Boiling Springs | Registered: 16 September 2011Reply With Quote