New
Find
Notify
Tools

Components
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone know where I can find some small pistol primers and 9mm 124g jacketed bullets?

Yeah, I know I should have horded after the last shortage. Slow learner I guess.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1054 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Posts: 403 | Location: CA | Registered: 30 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Smokin Joe. Ordered primers; no 9mm bullets in stock.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

Posts: 1054 | Location: Brownstown, Michigan | Registered: 19 April 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guns only come in three categories: Those designed for shooting animals, those designed for shooting targets, and those designed for shooting people.

I'm unaware of a firearm chambered for 9mm Parabellum designed for anything other than shooting people. How many bullets could you possibly anticipate needing for that task?

I think I have a couple of partial boxes of 9mm's sitting somewhere in my bullet bins. If I can dig them out would you like me to send them to you? I'll be glad to do so, but first please furnish me with a list of the people you plan on shooting with them, or at least a description of the category of people you anticipate needing shot and their approximate numbers.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek, I want to shoot a very old (antique?) Browning HI Power. Thinking I may want to carry it, some practice should be helpful. Probably start with antiques and work from there. OK?

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran

One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Guns only come in three categories: Those designed for shooting animals, those designed for shooting targets, and those designed for shooting people.

I'm unaware of a firearm chambered for 9mm Parabellum designed for anything other than shooting people. How many bullets could you possibly anticipate needing for that task?

I think I have a couple of partial boxes of 9mm's sitting somewhere in my bullet bins. If I can dig them out would you like me to send them to you? I'll be glad to do so, but first please furnish me with a list of the people you plan on shooting with them, or at least a description of the category of people you anticipate needing shot and their approximate numbers.

??? Confused

One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Michalski:
Thank you Smokin Joe. Ordered primers; no 9mm bullets in stock.

Try Berry's. They are plated, not jacketed but very good bullets.

https://www.berrysmfg.com/cate...ts/plated-pistol/9mm

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:

People shoot 9mm in Production and Carry Optics divisions of USPSA. I have friends that shoot 50K+ rounds a year in practice. Same guns are also designed to shoot people (hence, Production division).

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with Montana Gold. Very good bullets. I just got 8000 124g 9mm JHP delivered a few days ago

Posts: 569 | Location: Escaped to Montana  | Registered: 01 March 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I shoot 9mm just to make holes in targets and hear them go bang, and to get all the holes together. I have zero intention of shooting any people with my 9mms.
Sounds like a liberal anti gunner poster.

Posts: 17095 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I run a range (paper punchers) and can tell you that 90% of the members own 9mm. The rest are 45acp and 22.

Only the active duty and retired cops carry.

Posts: 6380 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I shoot 9mm just to make holes in targets and hear them go bang, and to get all the holes together. I have zero intention of shooting any people with my 9mms.
Sounds like a liberal anti gunner poster.

the voice of wisdom and reason. i carry a 45acp. it must be a reject cause all its shot so far is paper and steel.

Posts: 1532 | Location: south of austin texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Troll much?

Posts: 126 | Location: Right here, for now! | Registered: 03 November 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Smokin Joe
posted Hide Post

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not a very good description of guns at all!

We shoot 9mm all the time, as well as other pistol calibers.

At targets, and have absolutely no wish or desire to shoot at people.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66908 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You are trying to appeal to the Anti-Trump crowd, but that is not as clear as you would think on this forum.

Posts: 201 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: 22 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I stand corrected! I was wrong about 9mm Parabellum ammunition. It has disappeared from all the shelves because target shooters are hoarding all of it.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't really target shoot with my 9's, although it will punch paper if needed. Nor do I hunt with them or shoot people but it seems that, by shear round count, it's the very most popular firearm that I have.

I guess I'd categorize it as a fun plinking gun.

I would never deny someone of their opinion, however.

Zeke

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek, I'm still waiting for those "couple of boxes" of 9mm bullets you promised.

NRA Benefactor Member
US Navy Veteran