THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Various new brass I can't see using, can you?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
In the winning of some mixed lots in January, I acquired small amounts of new brass that I won't be needing:

33 Winchester 50 count

.280 Remington 50 count

.350 Remington Magnum 2 boxes of 20

All I need in trade for these is 5,000 22 lr, 10,000 small pistol primers and a barrel of 14,000 5.56 rounds and they are your's.

Just kidding, but I could use another 50 count 45 grain FMJ projectiles made for the M-4 Survival rifle. I only have twenty left and like them for fox in case the fur market ever comes back. Otherwise, tell the best story for the caliber and they are yours.

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
I have 4 350 rem mag rifles; a Rem 700, a Ruger, a Rem 600, and a Win short action. and of course, no one makes brass. It is my favorite caliber. I've actually tried to give them away, but no one will take them because they don't know how to make brass.
On the 33, I am actually putting a barrel on a Sharps 74 in that caliber; it will be a switch barrel, 45-70 heavy octagon and a light 33 WCF. It can be made from 45-70 though and I have done that.
I'll PM you.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the .350 Rem Mag and .33 WCF are gone to a good home provided by dpcd.

I'm going to look in an old box later. which I believe has:

50 or 100 nickel 25-06 primed by an old friend of a friend. May be 10-15 years in a box in his shed, so I'm not sure if they go bang. When I get to them, I'll see if 1 pops in the 30-06. Plus 8 loaded with some of Barnes poly tip projectiles.

One handful and a half of .221 Fireball

Times are tuff out there and if you have a need for any of these all it takes is a good story on the caliber. If these small batches help someone shoot an old favorite that along with the story will make my day.

Be advised that I usually only go here once or twice a month. So I will try to up it to twice a day. This is so much like work, but no phones and no lawyers or regulators.

Finally, since 45 grain .22 hornet Geneva Convention ammo and projectiles are pretty scarce. I will accept 7.65 Argentine Mauser brass on a piece for piece basis.

Thanks

Posts: 659 | Location: "The Muck", NJ | Registered: 10 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only .280 brass left

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Tom:

I'm wiling to be given the Rem 600. Smiler

Dave Manson

Posts: 686 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 04 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I could use the 280 brass. I have a rifle but zero ammo for it, shelves are here pretty bare. I can borrow a set of dies from a buddy and roll my own. I think I can come up with primers, powder and bullets.

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have 4 350 rem mag rifles; a Rem 700, a Ruger, a Rem 600, and a Win short action. and of course, no one makes brass. It is my favorite caliber. I've actually tried to give them away, but no one will take them because they don't know how to make brass.

Well if they are free I will get you a copy of a FFL shortly to sent them to.

Posts: 19359 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Too late; I already busted them down for parts.

Posts: 17104 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You don't need an FFL for small arms ammo just a sticker from UPS for loaded stuff and brass can be shipped USPS, UPS or Fedex without declaration for that matter, just like marbles.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All brass gone...Enjoy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Minkman:
All brass gone...Enjoy

Asked about the 280 brass, now it's gone? Never heard a word from you...Enjoy

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Too late; I already busted them down for parts.

Hmmm...what's left of the 600?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
would not 350 Rem brass be easy enough to make from a number of belted cases like the 338 or whatever?

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Yes, it can + I have done it numerous times FOR MYSELF, I am reluctant to form brass + load for others with an incorrect headstamp; sooner or later some idiot will appear + guess what?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Asked about the 280 brass, now it's gone? Never heard a word from you...Enjoy

Sorry rcraig, but a neighbor saw my post.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rcraig:
I could use the 280 brass. I have a rifle but zero ammo for it, shelves are here pretty bare. I can borrow a set of dies from a buddy and roll my own. I think I can come up with primers, powder and bullets.

There is .280 Rem ammo on the shelves here, maybe $45 per box is why. Also some 7mm mag and 270 and 300 WSM.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1157 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No need to buy $45 brass, buy 30-06, 270, 25-06 and run it thru a .280 reloading die...mark the boxes correctly. Its done all the time by gun nuts and a truck load of wildcatters..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120