New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quality Cartridge
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Doing a little browsing and I see Quality Cartridge is producing new brass cases in a variety of un-common calibers. Does anyone have any experience with this brass ? Is it annealed properly ? Is it overly soft ? Thanks for any comments.

Posts: 2432 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some QC brass in 30 Newton and am of the opinion that "quality" is just a figure of speech. Headspace varied by .007" in a box of twenty and the brass seemed a little on the soft side. I also got some Jameison brass which is far better brass IMO. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3490 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I had the opposite experience.
I bought 100 pieces of 400 Whelen brass from Qual Cartridge and have nothing but high praise for it.
I have heard of some QC issues but I hear the same about Rem and WW brass.

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for that input Bill. The caliber I was interested in is 9.3x64. Jamison doesn't make cases in that cal. RWS has been a little hard to find lately so when I seen that Quality was making them I was thinking about trying some.

Posts: 2432 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
I bought 100 pieces of 400 Whelen brass from Qual Cartridge and have nothing but high praise for it.

Do I hear you saying that Quality brass is NOT soft??

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowman:
Thanks for that input Bill. The caliber I was interested in is 9.3x64. Jamison doesn't make cases in that cal. RWS has been a little hard to find lately so when I seen that Quality was making them I was thinking about trying some.

I guess I'd better correct myself. After checking the Jamison site again I see they are making 9.3x64 cases.

one of us
Picture of ramrod340
posted Hide Post
I've never used them. Every time I found brass I needed on their list it was not in stock. Frowner

As usual just my $.02
Paul K

Posts: 12881 | Location: Mexico, MO | Registered: 02 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 416Tanzan
posted Hide Post
I am impressed with Quality Cartridge brass in the 500 Accurate Reloading.

It is strong, not-soft, and has handled 5 reloads/case in loads that have been consistently in the 6000-7000 ft# muzzle energy range. I full-length resize and have not annealed, although for the past couple of years I have added a piece of masking tape to the shell holder in order to preserve the shoulder on the fired rounds.

It has been available again after another run, so I bought 200 more. Very nice stuff.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+

"A well-rounded hunting battery might include:
500 AccRel Nyati, 416 Rigby or 416 Ruger, 375Ruger or 338WM, 308 or 270, 243, 223" --
Conserving creation, hunting the harvest.

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowman:
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:

Do I hear you saying that Quality brass is NOT soft??

It is neither NOT soft and NOT hard, it just seems like good brass, I would not hesitate to buy it again..

Posts: 5603 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
I bought some QC brass in 30 Newton and am of the opinion that "quality" is just a figure of speech. Headspace varied by .007" in a box of twenty and the brass seemed a little on the soft side. I also got some Jameison brass which is far better brass IMO. Regards, Bill.

The term we were taught for words like that was 'advertiser's puff' but I would think it could only enhance your warranty, if you want to claim about something.

We've had a firm around here called Rough as Guts Landscaping. I don't know whether it works for them but, if they did a bad job, you couldn't say you hadn't been warned.

Posts: 4915 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of lee440
posted Hide Post
I have had good luck with their .318 WR. brass and hope they make some .350 Rigby brass soon!

DRSS(We Band of Bubba's Div.)
N.R.A (Life)
T.S.R.A (Life)
D.S.C.

Posts: 2247 | Location: Houston, TX. | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Years ago I had them make up some brass for my first 280 AI which had an odd chamber (shorter than normal). This was before the SAAMI standard and Nosler brass. The brass was great quality, and I had no issues with it.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote