New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need 7mm-08 and 150 grain TSX Data
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any load data for a 7mm-08 and 150 grain TSX? My wife will be using this on her moose hunt. I dont have a Barnes manual and dont know where to start.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't shoot the 7mm-08 anymore,but I have worked with the tsx in a couple of cartridges.I have found that if you reduce the starting load by a couple of grains,you should be fine.The tsx seems to produce slightly more velocity than conventional cup and core bullets,while using a couple of grains less powder.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jay Gorski
posted Hide Post
I'd start with 38grs. RE15 and work my way up to 40.5grs. with 9 1/2 primer. Of course watching for pressure signs. Might try Varget in the same amounts. Personally, I'd go with a 154 Interbond, but if you bought the Barnes already thats fine too. I've found the powders I mentioned give the best accuracy with the 150s. Jay

Posts: 1745 | Location: WI. | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You certainly picked a great caliber. I loaded the 140 TSX and 120 TSX and they both shoot great. I have only used the 140 on game so far and love the results.
140TSX Load
Varget 44.5, CCI primers, OAL 2.770, Vel 2815 fps.
For the 150 start about 2 grains less and you should be fine.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Barnes manual does not have the TSX in it yet. For the 150 X bullet the max Varget load is 39 grains. The TSX typically has lower pressure and uses more powder.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The TSX typically has lower pressure and uses more powder.

Actually the tsx will produce more velocity than the standard x using slightly more powder and developing the same pressure.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote