Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FlyingAce
posted
I was just wondering if this combination is compatible:

Press: RCBS
Shell Holder: Lee Precision
Die: Hornady Dimension 270 WSM

I read an article where I can use a RCBS shell holder with Hornady Dimension dies, but I was not sure about the Lee.

Jim Mace

For all things WSSM...
http://wssmzone.com

Some told me, "Jim, sorry, you just can't...". To those I reply, "Watch Me..."

Posts: 84 | Location: Spokane, Washington | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
Im my younger years we used to put Cadillac engines in Ford bodies with Chrysler drivetrains.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the lyman reloading books they have conversion charts in the back,so you know what shell holder is interchable.there #,s are different than rcbs.i only do this when necessary,and need a shell holder now! But they can be used. just check with this chart. van

Posts: 442 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That combination is as likely to be "compatible" as an all-RCBS or all-Hornady or any other combination. What is important is the relationship of the dimensions of YOUR GUN'S CHAMBER to the dimensions of the dies. The minor variation in thickness of the lips of shellholders could also play into this, but it is impossible to say how until you know the other variables.

Bottom line is that I pay no attention to the make of the shellholder/dies/press. Every die set-up has to be adjusted for the individual gun and it is rare that any shellholder/die/press combination cannot be properly set up to load a particular gun.

Posts: 13228 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FlyingAce
posted Hide Post
OK. Great. Thanks.

Jim Mace

For all things WSSM...
http://wssmzone.com

Some told me, "Jim, sorry, you just can't...". To those I reply, "Watch Me..."

Posts: 84 | Location: Spokane, Washington | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote