New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barnes 100gr TS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I tried some of the new Barnes 100gr TS bullets in my Ruger #1 257 Robert's. I had tried the old style 100gr bullets before with great results. I loaded them .040 off the lands like the old ones. 49gr of IMR 4891 produced a 3/8 and a 1/2 inch group at 3210 fps. 40.5gr of IMR 4064 shot into 3/4 inches @3,000 fps. Wim 760 did not shoot well at all 1 3/8 inches @ 100yd. I may bump the 4064 load a bit and see what happens. I ran out of IMR 4350 to test with but will try this next. My #1 had a long throat and a 26 inch barrel and I can loaded it close to the Robert's improved version. Should make a great deer/antelope load for WY if I should get so lucky to draw this year. Love the New Barnes TS bullets

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
Sure love them in my .257 AI also. Will be loading some for the wife's regular Bob soon for her NM oryx hunt and our (hopefully, like you) Wyoming antelope hunt.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DR, I shot a 38 1/2 inch oryx on White Sands small missle range about 5 years ago. Good luck to you and your wife on the WY draw.

Posts: 472 | Location: Bothell WA | Registered: 31 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
That's a nice one. I got a 37.5 incher in 2000 and the wife shot her "once in a lifetime" non-typical (curled horns like a sheep) in 2002. Now she's on the call list for population reduction. The man in charge expects us to be called in late August or September. With my luck they'll schedule for the same time as the antelope and deer hunt in WY and we'll have to choose...

Good luck to you too.

Posts: 3291 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote