THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK, so I got my Forster Co-Ax press today......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted
.....and I'm an absolute novice. The first rifle I'll be reloading for is a custom
.22-250. I got a Redding 3-die set. The dies don't screw into this press, and it has a universal shellholder. To me, these things seem like a source of "slop". Does everything line itself up when the case enters the die?
I only got part of what I need with this shipment. I will consult people who know before I reload my first round. I'll also get a video, to cover my bases in case someone leaves out something a beginner wouldn't know.
Thank you, Long D.

Posts: 7478 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

I've had one for eight years. Got it to replace a worn-out RCBS-Jr. I load for the 22 Hornet up to the 375 H&H, and everything in between. Everything is straight and it works very smoothly. It sizes even the toughest cases, and it's mounted to my bench with 2 inch wood screws! I load between 6 and 7 thousand rounds per year, and it's still going strong. Really like the way the dies change out so easily. You do need their locking rings to put on all you dies, though.

Posts: 398 | Location: Texas | Registered: 27 September 2000Reply With Quote
<Delta Hunter>
posted
The Co-ax is a great press. I've got one and love it. I agree with Willie B about the lock ring. If I buy a die other than Forster I replace the lock ring with the Forster Crossbolt lock ring. These are designed to precisely fit the Co-ax. I get mine from Sinclair Int'l.

<mike aw>
posted
LDO, everything lines up perfectly and it turns out fine reloads. I use mine for 22hornet to 416 Rigby and have no complaints. My loads are very concentric as measured on a Sinclair concentricity gauge, not only that it makes the Rigby reloading a cakewalk.

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I guess I should have added a little to my post. I bought it on the advice of a friend whom I consider to be a benchrest guru. He's been shooting 1kBR for years. I just wondered if there was some sort or "retrofit kit" to hold the dies in place. I'll order some from Sinclair's.
Thanks again.

Posts: 7478 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
<TERMINATOR>
posted
Smart buy. You will find it very easy to use and very accurate. I've had one for about 15 years and love it. Adjust your dies one time and forget about whether or not they need tweaking to match the last setting.

Buy the extra shell holder set and you will have a universal setup.

Mid South also has a real good deal on the lock rings. Approx $2.00

I do not use the primer seater because I use a hand held one.