Find
Notify
Tools

404 Jeffery Hornady vs Norma Brass
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted
Any difference between the two? Hornady is a bit cheaper. Rather start buying the best brass as I build up a supply.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going through the same process.

Think i will just buy Norma, even though Hornady is a bit cheaper here.

Norma seems more available in Aus.

I like the Norma brass in my 375 Flanged Mag.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
No contest at all.

Nor ma wins hands down.

Never had any bad brass from Norma.

I have their 404 brass turned into 375/404 and used 12-15 times on safari.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66931 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of A7Dave
posted Hide Post
Thank you! Luckily I didn't have to make the choice and only Norma was available. Certainly won't second guess that choice.

Dave

Posts: 917 | Location: AKexpat | Registered: 27 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Norma hands down! There is a difference in the case head dimensions between Norma and Hornady. Tried both in my 404. Norma fed better due to the differences. If I remember, I will post a picture later showing the differences.

The only thing about the Norma brass (for all cartridges) is that the primer pockets are a bit shallow and tight versus most American brass. Not worried about the tightness, but the primers set almost flush. I uniform all the pockets with a carbide bit. Also, not measured, but appears that Norma brass takes a bit less powder than other brass I have tried. For example, on my 375 H&H the Norma takes about a grain less to the rim versus Asquare.

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3039 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not so sure which is best.Hornady is good strong brass and I had no issues with it so far.Ihave used it for my Lotts.It is a lot like Winchester brass which is also very good.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote