THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Reloading    Re: RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser

Moderators: Mark
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of HankinColorado
posted
I'm using the Lyman version and love it. No way can I justify the expense, but I'm OK with that...

Hank

Posts: 225 | Location: Colorado Springs USA | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is anyone out there using one of these new fangled, state of the Art devices? I'm considering moving up to the new technology but am a little leary of spending $300 without some good information from folks that have already gotten there.

Thanks

Posts: 128 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Got a Chargemaster for Father's Day. Best gift I have ever received. Tonight I loaded twenty rounds of .500 NE in less than 45 minutes. The Chargemaster is easy to set up, easy to use and accurate. I was checking every fifth round on a balance scale and it was dead on. Pleased, I would say so!

Mike

Posts: 21193 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ricciardelli
posted Hide Post
I've been using the RCBS 1500 Combo for several months. I have no complaints.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Saint Marie, Montana | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Masterifleman
posted Hide Post
I bought the Lyman 1200 DPS because it was cheaper than the RCBS and didn't care for it because it was slow. I sold it and purchased the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 and like it better. There again, personal opinion.

"I ask, sir, what is the Militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them" - George Mason, co-author of the Second Amendment during the Virginia convention to ratify the Constitution

Posts: 1699 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ralph Hyrlik
posted Hide Post
I have one and it is the best powder measure out there.

one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for a year, love it!!

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I now have the RCBS Chargemaster 1500 and LOVE it. It is fast and rarely drifts (I use check weights after every round) it is also very accurate…it seems to be less than the advertised .1 gr..
I had the older mod. and it seemed to need recalibration every 10 min. or so..

One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got a Chargemaster for Father's Day. Best gift I have ever received. Tonight I loaded twenty rounds of .500 NE in less than 45 minutes. The Chargemaster is easy to set up, easy to use and accurate. I was checking every fifth round on a balance scale and it was dead on. Pleased, I would say so!

I'll second that!!!!!

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've had mine for about four months. It is wonderful. If you look at the printout after the "beep," it will state what the charge weight is. I have found that this measurement is spot on checked against my Lyman balance beam.

For reasons I do not fully understand, but which seem to have something to do with bumping the bench close to the RCBS reaching the designated weight, it will stop as much as .2grs below the set figure. Sometimes if I am doing other caseloading things, I will observe that the readout weight will be over the set amount. This seems to be from "bumping" a gr or two extra into the tray after it has stopped.

Point is: check the read out. If its on, its good to go. If its low you can add directly to the pan on the RCBS. If is high, you can pinch some out.

I can "powder," bullet, crimp, gauge and load the clip for 60-70 rounds in an hour for my M-1 with mine. It lets me use 4895 instead of one of the ball powders. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote