THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GAME MANAGEMENT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Nature, Animals, Space And The Sea  Hop To Forums  Game Management    looking for hunting land in hill country-del rio area

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

looking for hunting land in hill country-del rio area
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
weve made 2 trips to tx from alaska and keep coming up short. we made almost a full price offer this week in edwards county, flew down to look at it and then the guy tokk it off the market to annex it to a larger ranch and sell it all together, nice of him to let us fly for 10 hrs one wat and spend the money and then make up his mind. anyway ive figured youve got to get an inside scoop from someone. were looking to spend 800-1200 an acre from 400 acres up, no dwelling is necessary we can do that. if anyone can lead us in the right direction. wed appreciate it.

One of Us
Picture of Steve Golden
posted Hide Post
Have you looked in the mid & Northern Texas Panhandle?
some of the better hunting land is up here. bigger whitetail than you will find in the hill country & East Texas, mule deer, antelope, turkey, hog, some audad sheep, bobcats and cougar, coyote and good bird population.
here is the Amarillo Globe News web site
[URL=http://www.amarillo.com/]
this time of year I start seing more hunting land for sale.
Good luck, Steve

Posts: 142 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Don´t know about Texas but in Argentina you can buy 2500 acres with cattle facilities, red stag, mountain lion, wing shooting, wild boar and more for $500,000. From the size of the place you want I am guessing high fence. Each mile of high fence will cost you $6500. The Texans that have been down here tell me that the land looks just like Texas. I have been looking for and finding places for a year and a half now, most for clients who liked the country and wanted to invest. PM me and I´ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
Also many places with great wingshooting and fishing but where stag were never introduced for $120 an acre. Places that look like this:

and this:

and this:

and this:

One of Us
posted Hide Post
wow that is exceptional shooting!! i would love to buy some land in argentina but, we need a quick 4-5 day fix in warm weather. its darn cold and dark in alaska that time of year.

i have not thought or been to the panhandle, that is certainly doable if it all comes together. ill do some checking in that area. thanks for tips guys.

maybe all the way south when i retire!!!!!!!!!

one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Texas Hill Country land has gotton expensive because of huge influx of people. I'm not sure you can find 400ac for that price anymore, maybe further west. Land in Nebraska & Kansas that supports very large whitetails as well as other game can still be purchased very reasonably.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
here is a link to a website with lots of info on rural land prices in Texas. You may find it helpful:

http://recenter.tamu.edu/data/datarl.html

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JohnAir
posted Hide Post
The govt is trying to take 1,000,000 acres from the American millionare Thompkins. This has never happened before in Argentina. It is extremely disrturbing. The conditions are no longer good for foreigners to buy land here. Considering my previous post I wanted to give the "heads up" on this.

One of Us
Picture of CRUSHER
posted Hide Post
I have something like that for sale in the delrio area closer to brackettville but only about 40 miles from delrio

VERITAS ODIUM PARIT

Posts: 1624 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 04 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great thing about the Texas Hill country especially to the NW of San Antonio is all of the exotics that are now free range. My family lives off of whitetail, but I haven't met anyone who has had Axis deer or Black buck antelope who doesn't prefer it over whitetail. Depending on what you are looking for South Texas has better whitetail, but exotics are there.

Posts: 411 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 28 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not near as big as what you are looking for but I'm ready to sell.
http://forums.accuratereloadin...141066171#4141066171

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check Stephens and Throckmorton counties in Texas and maybe a few around them down to Brown County.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Given that the original post in this thread was over 6 years ago in 2006 and the last posts made by Black Mamba on AR were in 2009, by now, I suspect he has done what he wanted to do, or moved on.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mountain Home Tx. 310acres out buildings
most cedar removed 1.5 mill. High fence exotics
Heavens Doorstep Ranch - acres available next door.

Posts: 208 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 14 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Form a group and lease a 5 to 7 thousand acre year around hunting lease, there is a lot of land to be had, with Mule deer, white tail, coues deer and pronghorn antelope, stay in the West and North..South Texas circa Laredo is called the golden triangle of whitetail,Llano in the hill country has he highest populations of white tail, Marathon, Alpine, Marfa have Mule deer Whitetail, Javalina, Pronghorn and some Coues..There are seasonal hunts or year around leases..I ranched on 75.000 acres South of Marathon bordering the Big Bend National Park and 42 hunter killed 42 bucks each year..most of those ranches can do that if you don't get too far east, some have Mule deer and Coues. Some have exotics as well, mostly Audad. there are areas North of Midland and Odessa that have some huge deer, for the trophy hunter, success is on the small side, but the bucks are there if your tough and determined with time to hunt..

It should not be that hard, tell me who your hunting with in W tex I probably know them and can tell you about their hunting adn character. I ranched and was in te booking business for years and glad to help at no cost I owe the hunting business that much..

All in all, Texas is a Utopia or wildlife..Sorry for your problems but there are those world wide that just are not nice people, rotten apples in every basket my mom used to say..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41811 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote