New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ranch Conversion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have before and after photos of a cattle or sheep ranch or crop farm converted to a game ranch?

Thanks.

: : :

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check with Texas Parks and Wildlife or Texas Trophy Hunters Association.
Many ranches are finding out that there is more money in wildlife (and exotics which are technically livestock) than regular domestic livestock.

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Robert. I'll check it out - it may be useful. But I posted this in the African Hunting Forum as my research is about southern Africa - and there's a lot of hunting on ranches there - as you know. The moderator must've moved it.

Steve

Posts: 861 | Registered: 17 September 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tracks Across Africa or one of those Craig Boddington Shows said something about cattle, sheep, goats off the land...just can't remember.
Ivan Carter posted on one of the Africa pages as being back States side...PM him?

Robert

If we can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people, under the pretense of taking care of them, they must become happy. Thomas Jefferson, 1802

Posts: 1207 | Location: Tomball or Rocksprings with Namibia on my mind! | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Donny01
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SteveGl:
Anyone have before and after photos of a cattle or sheep ranch or crop farm converted to a game ranch?

Thanks.

Steve, give me a PM and your email and I will send you photos?

Don Jooste & Doug Duckworth

doubledproductionsdon@gmail.com
doubledproductionsdoug@gmail.com
doubledproductionstara@gmail.com

Double D’ Productions