New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tale of good luck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
While working the late shift the other night a big tabby commited suicide. It ran from between 2 parked cars and directly under mine, which was moving at about 30mph. I got it with both passneger side tires, no accelerating, no fancy stearing. This was my second vehicular killing in as many months. I struck a large Great horned owl on the way home from work about two months ago. My boss says, well you did not get any hooters tonight but you finally got some pussy. He does not like cats much either. These events and an incident with a flying squirrel that I would rather not talk about and getting struck by an owl one night calling foxes, my nick name Merlin Perkins is starting to stick. About time to get my rabbies booster

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hornetfan, I am too. Ruger #1 w/ Moyer trigger. Had it reamed to K-Hornet awhile back, now I'm kinda a K-Hornet fan. Welcome to the forum, glad you finally got a little! Almost is anticlimactic when you don't have to double clutch, but a silhouette on the door always helps, regardless of the way it went down. I'll bet even ol' Chuck Yeager bagged a few that were too easy. So it goes. The flying squirrel thing's got my curiosity aroused but you don't have to talk about it if'n you don't want too. I'm really glad it wasn't a Mortie Squill experience. The don't make double rifles big enough... Gads, I can still hear the banjo music.

Sorry about the owl. Hate to see good help get hurt.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Dueling.Cousins

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Well the story goes me and my best hunting buddy were all set up for deer in a brand new spot. We were posted at 0400hrs. I got snuggled in between two large oaks waiting for day light. (Public Ground). I heard what sounds like Darth Vaders light saber coming from the tree tops. The little f%$Ker (flying squirrel) tries to land on my face. I smack him off on a tree inches away. My buddy hears me yip and sees my flashlight waving through the air. He thinks it is the funniest shit he has ever seen. I do not like to talk about as I am still traumatised. Another reason I do not keep nice rifles becuase you never know when you will need a club.The owl came in at about 100mph. I lite him with my 1 million candle power light and he kncked my hat off. Once again I let out a yip. About a 1/2 a second from smoking him with the 870, thinking the eyes belonged to a fox. The hazards of being in the woods at night. I had an 84 Renault Allaince that claimed 13 cats before I traded it. Alleys usually are the best hunting grounds. It was green with 4 doors, when I traded it the salesman asked me if I was trading it becuase I needed laid. I have not had the best luck. LOL

one of us
posted Hide Post
That is why I DON'T go into the woods in the dark. I never shot a deer in the dark, why go hunting then? My buddy goes out in the dark, but he stand hunts. I still hunt, so I need a little light.

Sounds like a really neat car you had there! I had so many cat silhouettes on Ol' Blue I had to get a new door. I'm looking for a new truck as we speak, God knows I'll miss that old P.O.S.!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.ThingsGoBump.InTheDark

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote