New
Find
Notify
Tools

The sun's shining now.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Or that's what they say it's called. On the assumption that they are correct...

Should I have used sunblock? Confused

Already I like this thing, it casts a long shadow upon the world of Crats. gunsmile

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.My.Special

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
Dan,

Very nice, now take it to south FL, and go on a water buff hunt. You need to find something bigger than a crat to bust with that fine rifle. At least take it on a good pig hunt.

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
DD,

If you really like the rifle, you may want to name it. I had "THUMPER" engraved on the barrel of my 458 Win Mag. That describes exactly what it does.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Nice looking gun!

I wish I could aford a new toy

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Lucky DOG! Bet ya get a lot of..... too.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Woof, woof!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That reminds me. I think a certain Iowa green suiter owes a picture of a certain FS implement to fans of crat zen. Beyond that, my Regards to all who have served our Nation. ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you really like the rifle, you may want to name it. I had "THUMPER" engraved on the barrel of my 458 Win Mag. That describes exactly what it does.

Yes, names can give a little more friendliness to an arm. I was foolish enought to use your exact same name too soon, as my first centerfire rifle was an Enfield [copy] jungle carbine. It felt like one to my untrained hands and thus I dubbed it but felt like I should have given the name to my Handi-rifle in 45-70, and later to my Ruger #3 in the same (shooting insanely overloaded, for the weight of the gun, rounds) and finally in my heavy 20. Oh the foolishness of youth.... I know that you, Dan, would not mis-name a rifle, just thought i would ramble.

Lovely weapon you have there, thanks for sharing.

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sorta already named it. Once at Camp Holloway, just outside of Pleiku, I came across Tolken's Trilogy. Read it straight thru, maybe 30 hours or so. The part about Gollum's obsession with the ring, the "My Precious, my pretty precious!" stuck in my mind, only to bob back up whenever I run across one with O/C disorder. Like my Ex, but that's another story.

Anyway, now I have my compulsion fed and after brief but intense fondling, whispering sweet nothings in the chamber and such, I kept seeing the "Special" amidst the rest of the engraving atop the chamber. So there you have it. It is my "Special". When somebody asks what I'll shoot with it I shall respond, "It's Special, anything I want." roflmao

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.SeenAny.Dinosaurs?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Hehe ... very nice indeed.

A .416 Rigby is about my favorite round. It's plenty big enough to take on anything you can find this side of the world in complete confidence, but not so big as to be overpowering or uncomfortable to shoot.

I remember when I used to take my 50 to the range, folks would ask me what in the **** did I need with a 50 BMG in South Alabama.

I told 'em I finally got tired of losing my brass.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told 'em I finally got tired of losing my brass.

Nice! roflmao Can't hardly think of a better reason.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Visually.Impaired

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dan,,Now that's something to behold,, thumbClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Not to steal your thunder, Dan, but N.S. Sherlock bugged me for the pic. The wood on that pup is standard for a CZ452FS, obtw.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ain't Nothing like having a real stopping Rifle to call on when the need arises! thumb

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for those great pictures. Lucky dogs come in all sizes.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I see fear in its eyes 120mm, front feet already in motion! HA! Spottin' it a head start huh? Confused That is very sporting of you buddy, just don't give it too much of a head start! shameWell, enough so's you don't get blood on the carpet, that would be okay.

Oh yeah, no thunder stolen, pretty gun, use it well. thumb

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.YankeetownGentlemens.CratWhackingClub

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Frowner
You guy's be careful with them heavy rifles.
My friend Buck was shootin' carp with his Lott and nicked the gunwale.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shit. Beer through the nose hurts. Not as bad as Johnny Walker, but still....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
JW Black...Hmmmm...life is good!!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LDHunter
posted Hide Post
DD,

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!

$bob$

Posts: 2494 | Location: NW Florida Piney Woods | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
Hey, do you fellas think that .416 Rigby is too much for an Encore Rifle? I have a frame waiting for a barrel and they make it; I just wonder if it is a little too much for so light an arm.

It looks like the only way I will be "joining the club" anytime soon.

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NAW! just load 'er down a little, or use a lighter bullet. Dan's probably got recipes. I would like a sissy pad, myself, though, because of the narrow buttplate.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a number of recipies, but ain't none quite that crazy 'cept for Tijuana Tyger Taco. Eeker I will add this: There isn't a speck of difference between the Rigby and the Weatherby 'cept for the belt and SAAMI spec pressure. Crank that bitch up and let 'er sound like justice usta sound Boy! thumb I have a cousin that specializes in Orthrapedic Medicine BTW. clap

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.RealMen.CravePain

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice looking crat whacker indeed!

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote