New
Find
Notify
Tools

Killer shot
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was out plinking by a pond with my son on his 11th birthday friday and made a hell of a shot.Took out a Drangonfly with head shot at 15 yards. My son was impressed,not as impressed as I was at the shot.I then had to tell him it was (skill)luck, which was hard. God Bless TEXAS

Posts: 134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heck of a shot buddy, what kind of six gun were you using?! Fast draw right?

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.Colt.Peacemaker

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nope 10-/22. Won't happen again.

Posts: 134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, anything is possible if only you try! As an example, I once did a head shot on a field lion with my Mod. 94(Hornady 170 gr. JFP, Win Brass, 34.0 WW748, CCI LRP). The gun has a Pachmayer pad, Williams receiver sight and sling, which rather compliments the Trapper Model profile. Anyway, it was a purely reflexive snap shot. Saw the movement of orange and white as it stalked me in the pine forest, only seconds before it's charge. Gawd man, it was a near thing! Funny thing was, about two days later I shot a fork horn the same way, except that it wasn't getting ready to charge. In fact it was going the other way. Same end result though. That is one helluva gun and load!

Oh BTW, You could have said "yes", no one would have doubted your word here in the "cat forum". We NEVER doubt each other's word. We are honorable men involved in an honorable quest. We search for the perfect vacuum.

Dan

Pres., TYGC
www.PracticalFieldShooting.Editor

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote