Find
Notify
Tools

Snow shoes
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted
Has warmed up a whole bunch here and snow going fast. Makes some great ghost hunting with a 22lr. Sneak thru the cover watching for that shiny black eye or even that white body in the brown. Not all those white patches are a bit of snow that is left.

Makes some great eating also when the fun is over.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not too familiar with rabbits but Im itching to shoot Hare again, soon ! I run around the fields at night with a Maglite and an ancient BSA Meteor .177 and it is GREAT FUN !!!! I found the .22lr used to use destroys too much edible meat if not shot in the head....

Posts: 885 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 08 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nature plays a dirty trick on those white rabbits when the snow goes away !! Good sport with the 22 .

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by alleyyooper:
Has warmed up a whole bunch here and snow going fast. Makes some great ghost hunting with a 22lr. Sneak thru the cover watching for that shiny black eye or even that white body in the brown. Not all those white patches are a bit of snow that is left.

Makes some great eating also when the fun is over.

Big Grin Al

Learned to do that when I was 8yoa I remember my Dad saying look for the black dot.

After finding my first one it seemed easy but it took several hunts to find the first one.

22lr shoot them I the eye.

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bear Cat:
Nature plays a dirty trick on those white rabbits when the snow goes away !! Good sport with the 22 .

Or comes to late

Posts: 19349 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We shot a pure black snowshoe one time , somewhere I have a picture !

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1293 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did someone say snowshoes? Very tough year with 90" of snow but once it crusted over with 2 weeks left in the season things got better.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
Yum some good eating there.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote