Find
Notify
Tools

PLEASE READ!
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Gentlemen,

This forum has been set up for those who enjoy hunting small game animals.

And that is the way it is going to stay.

For those who wish to keep discussing all sorts of irrelevant subjects related to cats, please go and do it somewhere else.

Cats are NOT small game animals, so please let us keep them out of discussions on this forum.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66661 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
GOD BLESS YOU! Finally!

My blog: Please Comment and Follow
https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The persecution is complete. The SGH forum mascot has been obliterated. What'd ya use on him, Saeed, the 375/404??

Brings to mind the time that DRG kidnapped Digital Dan's goat. Some people have no shame.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 56912 | Location: GUNSHINE STATE | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wild domestic cats are a non native invasive species and I have personally shot a few. Small game? I think so!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
WTF. Maybe we should be in the varmint forum. bewildered

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool. Than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Posts: 75 | Location: Mountains of North Carolina | Registered: 02 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Bravo, Saeed.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Kamo Gari,,Do you have a picture of your self you could post? I promise not to post elsewhere,,print out and throw darts at,,nothing malicious,Intrigued,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Like the man said...if you do not like it there is the door!

Domestic cats are not game animals.

Me a loser? ............. Hardly!

Posts: 3863 | Location: Cheyenne, WYOMING, USA | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
No doubt.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by POP:
Like the man said...if you do not like it there is the door!

Me a loser? .....................................................

Is you da boss 'round here now Pop! Congrats on the promotion. Hey I thought you were leavin' the country. Like you said, you know where the door is. clap

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by POP:

Got that right, they are Vermin ! mgun

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by claybuster:
Kamo Gari,,Do you have a picture of your self you could post? I promise not to post elsewhere,,print out and throw darts at,,nothing malicious,Intrigued,,Clay

I'm suspicious, but send me your email. I'll send you pics to post, if you like.

As far as you others who commented are concerned, the way I feel is pretty simple. Cats, be they feral or an actual nuisance serious enough to deal with a death sentence, I have no problem with those that choose to eliminate them. It's the tales (lies, more accurately, in most cases) of torture and sadism that get me. In my yearly hunting and fishing exploits, I'd not be the least bit surprised that I kill a lot more critters than most here. And I enjoy it, as part of a hunt and/or fishing trip. But not simply for the sake of killing to brag about it or make others laugh with the most outrageous fabrication of cat killing. Hell, I could go to the pound and adopt a critter a week if all I was interested in was getting my jollies from killing.

It's guess it's that I don't share the sense of humor/glee the cat killers/liars do. I've had many cats over the years as well as dogs, and I like them a great deal. Again, I understand fully that in some places they are a problem that needs dealing with, and I accept that, but the kind of stuff I've read here (when I actually come to this forum has been because I greatly enjoy small game hunting) has had me bewildered and shaking my head.

Anyway, I'm sure no one gives a fuck one way or the other, but someone asked.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of POP
posted Hide Post
Is you da boss 'round here now Pop! Congrats on the promotion. Hey I thought you were leavin' the country. Like you said, you know where the door is. clap

Nope..never claimed to be the boss. A joke once in a while is ok but this forum was being bombarded with kitty issues all the time. I just think this is not the place for it. Thanx for the congrats though. Putting it on October 1st.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I never shot a cat I was tempted many times.Not for the joy of just shooting one,but rather when I see them destroying wildlife.Some people aren't happy with a few cats but 5,10,15,or more,from time too time we read about them in the papers "the cat lady",one in every community you know.I have two cats that stay in my house one is useless the other a good mouser.Cats are natural predators that's a fact and belong in the house not outside killing wildlife.It's against the law to let Dogs run free.Why not cats?

Liberty is worth whatever the country is worth. It is by liberty that man has a country; it is by liberty he has rights." -- Henry Giles
Rifleman.

Posts: 255 | Location: Wurtsboro,NY.USA | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Against the law for cats to run loose in our county too, but that hasn't stopped a single one from roaming my neighborhood.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
cats or dogs neither one belong in the house.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jarrod:
cats or dogs neither one belong in the house.

I have a black lab, a golden retriever and a German shepard that would very strongly object to that line of thinking.

"I'm smiling because they haven't found the bodies."

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for taking on this subject

DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR

Posts: 1026 | Location: UPSTATE NY | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here's my two bits worth. While I'm not a cat haitter I'm not a cat lover either. A cat prowling the woods, like a dog running deer WILL GET SHOT or at lest shot at! BOOM

Posts: 16 | Location: Cranston, RI | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can we talk about dog hunting?

I have always wanted to draw a St. Bernard tag...

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big-Ed
posted Hide Post
Wow, this forum used to be fun... funny... and worth visiting.

I've noticed that the number of posts have dropped dramatically too....

Where did it all go? Give me a map so I can find the fertilizer again... my yard is dying.

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Posts: 269 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 07 December 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I don't hate cats and have a tom that keeps the barns free of mice. Good cat and earns his keep. Don't hate dogs either, and keep a Basset hound for rabbit hunting and yard watching. HOWEVER, ferel cats that prey on our already diminishing quail, and wild dogs that chase deer and kill calves I WILL NOT tolerate. I have and will continue to terminate them with extreme predujice on my property any time I have the chance. There is a difference in controlled pets and free-roaming marauders.

Posts: 11 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 13 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
what about a legitimate question? We have feral cats living on our club lease, if I ask "which bullet from 300WSM would work best for cats" is this wrong? Can we not mention cats or can we post legitimate cat questions? You will notice I have never posted a cat post before.

Posts: 353 | Location: Georgia USA | Registered: 29 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimmy P Coaltrain:
what about a legitimate question? We have feral cats living on our club lease, if I ask "which bullet from 300WSM would work best for cats" is this wrong? Can we not mention cats or can we post legitimate cat questions? You will notice I have never posted a cat post before.

Apparently not.Any question on crats is a no-no.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I could highly recommend the 240 grain Sierra HPBT as being very effective in the 300 WSM. I much prefer the Speer 220 grain 8 mm Hot Core for the big African cats though.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
All this talk of "Wild non-native,non-domesticated small game" and not one Mexican joke!

"Bring enough gun."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Over here it is considered cruel to keep a cat indoors all the time. Cats need to be able to go outside and do their thing.

Feral cats in the wrong place can do an awful lot of damage to wild life, Australia being the prime example. Over here everyone lets their cat do as it pleases and we dont have a problem with that.

Uncontrolled dogs pose more of a problem, attacking sheep etc.

I've owned cats all my life and we have always had feral cats around the farm where they catch more rats and mice than I could ever poison.

99% of cats in this country are owned by somebody and if you shoot one than you are likely to be shooting somebodys pet and that isn't on. Especially if you are shooting it because it has eaten a quail or something that you would of shot anyway !!!

I think Saeed is right on !

If you want to talk about killing and causing unnescessary suffering to cats then we should also be doing the same for dogs, they are no better uncontrolled.

Leeboy

Posts: 26 | Location: Hampshire UK | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I agree that discussions about shooting feral cats and dogs DO NOT belong on this forum.

These type of discssions belong on the varmint forum.

I live just inside the city limits. Field mice and rats can be a problem in my out buildings. Deer and rabbits can be a problem in my garden. My cats and dogs take care of these problems.

Saeed, as I type this my queen mouser is laying in my lap and one of my best dogs is laying at my feet. But I would not think twice about shooting her if I caught her stalking small game over a 100 yards from the the house or out buildings. I would not think twice about shooting one of my dogs that was chaseing livestock (at any time) or deer (outside of deer hunting with dogs season).

Posts: 144 | Location: East MS | Registered: 12 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColeK:
Saeed, I agree that discussions about shooting feral cats and dogs DO NOT belong on this forum.

I live just inside the city limits. Field mice and rats can be a problem in my out buildings. Deer and rabbits can be a problem in my garden. My cats and dogs take care of these problems.

Saeed, as I type this my queen mouser is laying in my lap and one of my best dogs is laying at my feet. But I would not think twice about shooting her if I caught her stalking small game over a 100 yards from the the house or out buildings. I would not think twice about shooting one of my dogs that was chaseing livestock (at any time) or deer (outside of deer hunting with dogs season).

You are one "sick puppy!!!"

Posts: 1224 | Location: Western Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ColeK:

have ya no heart,sir?

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Posts: 2937 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 26 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is what you call old time animal owner responsibility.
Good on ya, if we had more like you then we would not have so many problems.
Pay no heed to the lilly livered that leave someone else to take care of their problems.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This has got you be the funniest argument I've ever heard. An animal (cat, dog, whatever) that is causing a problem on a property that the animal doesn't belong on is concidered free game. If a dog takes a gamebird the owner is held responsable. Why should a cat be concidered any different. If these animals are someones pets the owners should not be alowing them to cause problems on other people's property. We've had neighbor's dogs chasing cattle time after time. The neighbor was informed of the problem 3 times. After that we took care of the problem. If there is a nusance animal then take care of the problem and keep your mouth shut (cats, dogs, pigs, bulls, whatever). There is too much talk these days about "well should we or shouldn't we..." this is why pet owners let there animals run wild in the first place because everyone is to afraid to say NO to them. We don't need a vote to figure out than wild cats should be controlled! Cats are not on the endangered species list nor will they ever be. Now lets all go hunting. horse

God....Family....Country

Posts: 87 | Location: eastern Nebraska | Registered: 16 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Sixgun Symphony
posted Hide Post
It is one thing to shoot feral cats as vermin. It is quite another to torment cats.

Varmit shooting entails fast and clean kills. Some on this forum have gone into detail on torturing cats. It is not the same thing!

Posts: 1254 | Location: USA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montdoug:

This is the little kitty my boy shot last year after chasing afoot behind a hound pack...

See the difference?

Yep! Your boy used a pack of dogs to do his hunting for him and once they had it terrorized and exhausted. He bravely strolled up to the tree and shot it. Not that there is anything wrong with it but yeah, I see a difference.

Now can anyone besides me see the difference between a bunch of guys throwing bullshit back and forth and a guy born with the birth defect of having no sense of humor walking into the middle of it with no context and being offended. None of the shit that was written here ever happened. It's just like Clinton's budget surplus and Obama's U.S. birth certificate, it's pure fiction. Can't anyone see that?

I can also see the difference between someone who believes that cats are pretty much useless and a control freak. I personally think my wife's dogs are useless because they're not big enough to be used for anything other than slippers and then only if they were skinned properly. On the other hand, the dogs that treed the cougar have a use. Ask your boy to use a pack of snarling house cats to tree his next cougar and let us know how that works out.

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've humped those mountains up by Eureka all day long for a week straight. When you're in shape, which your boy obviously is, it's a hike in the woods. I've hunted over dogs for coon and coyote and went along with friends on a bear hunt which, by the way, was a 350# animal.

Big fucking deal. It's not like you're hunting a Grizzly with a willow switch. I'm not knocking anyone that does it, I'm saying for you to hold that up as the ultimate in sportsmanship is laughable. The dogs do the hunting and all you do is walk and shoot. And as for it being dangerous, please. animal You're standing there with a gun backed up by a dozen snarling hounds. What's gonna happen, the wounded cat falls out of a tree whips all of those dogs and then kicks the shooters ass before he gets a second shot? Roll Eyes

I guess I didn't really expect you to get my point. I can't believe that I let myself get sucked into an argument by another humorless internet know-it-all that thinks that no one else has ever hunted out west or hunted over hounds.

I'm thinking this forum wouldn't interest you anyway because what's sporting about shooting a squirrel out of a tree? Swatting a rabbit with a 20 gauge? Shooting a chipmunk off of your patio? Oh wait a minute, maybe if I use a pack of hounds to run them down for me, then it would be sporting.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So it's name calling you want? You underwhelming piece of human feces. You wouldn't know sportsmanship if it ran up and kicked you in the nads. (As if you had any) You make up your story as you go along and don't even have the manhood to use a story of your own but have to borrow someone else's. Maybe if you take some time away from the computer, you could get that GED you've always dreamed about and make something of yourself.

quote:
he's willing to throw himself between that pissed off cat and his beloved dogs (no strolling up there you stupid ass!).

Yeah fucking right. Like he took the dogs and tied them up so they didn't get between him and the exhausted, terrified cat. Roll Eyes

quote:
Then there's the "serious" mountains a flat lander like you just strolls around in and all the other stuff a "PROFESSIONAL" know it all internet idiot like your ownself has no idea of.

I've hunted and worked in your "serious" mountains. Like I said, BFD. Most likely all you know of mountains comes from watching "Brokeback Mountain" seventeen times in the nude.
quote:
Plus which numb nut's if you were hunting bear "as you say" in Montana over hounds you were in violation of the law cause the only thing hounds can be used on in this state is lion cause our populations of them are exploding. To top it all off any ranch kid in this state can tell you a pissed off mountain lion boiling out of a tree is a whole different deal than one of our puny little black bears that takes off in overdrive from anything toy poodle sized up. They ain't near the size nor attitude of eastern blacks and we hunt em here (if you choose to) in what is called "fair chase" ( a concept obviously foreign to you) which means no bait etc just hunting. By the way if you shot a 350 lb black in Montana you probably shot the the largest black bear ever taken here cause they just don't run that big. So the long and the short is I'm sure you know a tremendous amount about shooting kids house pets but as to real hunting I suspect you are a true internet windbag wonder!!!
Fair chase isn't foriegn to me Alice, I gave up hound hunting years ago because it's just walking and shooting. Go back and read the post dick lick maybe you'll get it if you reread it half a dozen times and quit fantasizing about Heath Ledger. I never said anything about hunting bears in Montana you dumb fuck. It was in northern WI and a 350 pound bear isn't that uncommon here. And no I don't live in town, I own a farm. But I wouldn't expect someone that sits behind a computer and brags about other people's hunting trips to have a clue about what he is talking about. You did just as I would expect a moron like you to do and that is to draw conclusions without any information to support you're know-it-all opinions. Now push the little button and have the nice nurse bring you your medication and wipe the spittle from the corner of your mouth. It will be ok. wave I won't put you on the ignore list because watching internet blowhard retards like you write is fucking hilarious.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh I thought I was on your ignore list! Not another lie that you vomitted out of your love hole is it, Mounteddoug?

Not that it matters dumbass, but I've never been on a guided trip in my life. My hunts were with friends (definition available at Dictionary.com since blowhards like you don't have any except for the make believe buddies on the internet. Oh, and those guys you sell your services to for a bottle of wine and a pack of Winstons aren't your friends.) from Whitefish and Libby.

None of my hunting rifles have breaks but if I was hunting with you and thought it would hurt your sensibilities I would certainly have one installed.
quote:
I'll bet you got some kinda BIG ELK-GER-STOMPER Magnum huh?
Not sure what kind of lithium induced babble that is but if a .300 Win Mag falls into that catagory, then yeah I got one. If they're too loud or kick too much for you're whithered ass then I'm sorry maybe you should stick to that paintball gun your mom got you for Christmas.

Not sure who you're trying to impress with the weather report but we've had just as much snow and as low of temperatures here. Again my response to your comments are the same as to most of what you have to say. Big Fucking Deal! You sit there all snuggled into your mountains and tell us all how tuff it is. Roll Eyes Try working outside on 12 hour shifts in Glendive, Wolf Point or Browning when it's 30 below and wind is gusting between 30 and 60 mph. Unfortunately, you'll never get the chance all tucked away in your mom's house collecting your SSD checks from your chemical dependency problems. Those who've actually worked in the mountains and the plains know that Bozeman is like Miami compared to being out in the open without a tree to break the wind for 50 miles. So please spare me your hardship stories. Tell them to someone that has lived in Florida all of their life and see if they are impressed with your greatness. If in fact you are even in Bozeman. For all anyone knows you're living in some group home in Cleveland. All the bragging and posturing you do just serves to call into question every piece of dribble that spews from you're keyboard.

One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by montdoug:
My personal belief is that a lot of insecure, overbearing control freak types hate cat's cause they can't be dominated like a dog.

QUOTE]

My personal belief is that you've spent too many hours tromping around at 30,000 feet in three foot of snow, staring certain death in the eye and calmly making perfect shots on man-eating lions to RECOGNIZE A FREAKING JOKE!! Roll Eyes

I've never hunted out west but over here, bear hunters are (with exceptions) some of the most obnoxious, lazy ass, unethical hunters out there. I've hunted with hounds for bear and coons and to me, shooting a terrified animal that's cornered with no where to go and too afraid to fight isn't my definition of ethical hunting. Wink

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by montdoug:
descriptions of torturing house pets SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP!!

My next three "victims." Roll Eyes