New
Find
Notify
Tools

Technical questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
On the barrel it says, "Rigby's Special .416 Bore for Big Game". Right on top, in front of the receiver ring.

My first question: If I shoot a crat with it, how do I prove it? Confused

#2: Anybody have any Blue Dot loads for this chambering?

#3: Would installing a muffler from the Honda store cut down on the muzzle blast?

#4: If it's Special for Big Game, what is it for Crats? bewildered

#5: Why would anybody put "Worn" rings on it? How can I have the compression checked? Confused

#6: Does anybody know if sub caliber barrel inserts are available for this thing? Something like the really great .270 Winchester! That would be the Crat's Ass! Cool Jack O'Conner is my hero! beer

#7: Does it mean anything if you drop a bullet from it on your toe and it really hurts? Eeker

I'll post a pic tomorrow, need better light so I can ask questions about the wood grain. It has a lot of contrasting parallel lines, kinda dark and light. I think I got ripped off. Frowner

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My first question: If I shoot a crat with it, how do I prove it? Confused

#2: Anybody have any Blue Dot loads for this chambering?

#3: Would installing a muffler from the Honda store cut down on the muzzle blast?

#4: If it's Special for Big Game, what is it for Crats? bewildered

#7: Does it mean anything if you drop a bullet from it on your toe and it really hurts? Eeker

In answer to ques one Ears or teeth or parts there of will do Wink

#2 jump try 90gns of IMR4320 behind a 400 gn slug with a federal 215 primer

#3 Mack trucks Have just thwe thing & it keeps muzzle jump to a min Wink

#4 .......Over Kill roflmao

#7 No thats par for the course!If you read the instructions on the box the projectiles come in under saftey it warns to wear "steel Capped" Boots when handling Bullets! & seek assistance if carring more than 20 at a time beer

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DoK, hadn't thought about teeth. Thanks! Wink Think I'll try some Hornady HBWCs loaded upside down, paper patched of course. Hope I can get some velocity out of them, even though they open up at very low velocity. Soft alloy and all that. Don't know anybody else that makes the darn things. Suppose I could start casting my own. Call it the Hollow Base and Nose Super Slug. Load it either way, it's ambidextrous. I wanna see it rain parts over the north end of the county! thumb

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.ReallyIs.Special

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Swamp_Fox
posted Hide Post
Digital Dan,

Know that the Great Spirit counts your scalps.

Swampy

"Policies making areas "gun free" provide a sense of safety to those who engage in magical thinking..." Glenn Harlan Reynolds

Posts: 8696 | Location: MO | Registered: 03 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I always accept the information provided here without question, considering the first class gentlemen and occasional ladies who share their wisdom with the world.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan, my old Waffen Franconia catalog lists barrel inserts for the .410 for .30 to .22 caliber. As they used a multiple screw method of adjusting boresight, they should fit into the .416 like me into the missus.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Red Face

120mm, that might be more info than I was looking for! roflmao

Swamp Fox, thanks for that, sometimes I forget. Wink

It weighs just a bit over 11# without ammo and scope BTW, not your average mountain rifle I guess. Cool Sorry for no pic, rained all day, no sunlight. Going to see the Sawbones tomorrow, will catch up with this soon as I can. Honest Injun.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Kerwhump.Whop

one of us
Picture of Hog Killer
posted Hide Post
quote:
It weighs just a bit over 11# without ammo and scope BTW, not your average mountain rifle I guess.

That should be the perfect mountain rifle, in FL. roflmao

Sounds like it will be a realy sweet shooter at that weight. thumb My 458 Lott weighs 9# 12oz, it's plenty but not too much for me. clap

Hog Killer

IGNORE YOUR RIGHTS AND THEY'LL GO AWAY!!!
------------------------------------
We Band of Bubbas & STC Hunting Club, The Whomper Club

Posts: 4553 | Location: Walker Co.,Texas | Registered: 05 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
About # 6...I'll check around DD and see if I can find anyone that offers Sabots in .177/.416.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Hey Dan! If sabots work, .41 shot caps should too. Just what is needed for an assault Rigby.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OMG!!! clapWhat a concept! roflmaoGuess I wouldn't want to get confused and have one in the tube when I face ol' m'bogo huh? Sounds great for crats though! You guys are priceless! jump

Dam

Pres., POTKB

http://www.YankeetownIs.Nervous