one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted
Birman & co..

You are so lucky I'm short of cash at the moment....Link

I have 15 Magma pattern molds waiting for a master caster.... gunsmile

Maybe this fall... thumb

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Dang HT,,,how do you sleep at night,,,that would be driving me insane!!!! 15 molds and no caster!!! Do you have a .45 mold for it? If so,,,what one,,
Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
.45 rifle or .45 handgun?

I would have to check, I think I have both.

I also have a .510 dia, 600grain creedmoor.. gunsmile

Today it was relatively cool so I planned on slagging down some more of the wheelweights I have into clean ingots, at least 100 pounds worth. Unfortunately, most of the day looked like it was going to pour - it never did. Mad

As for the molds, The guy also has a bunch of standard molds from Magma, but like I said, I'm short on cash, and they were mostly handgun molds, something that I don't have at the moment.

BTW, Mountain Molds does Magma style molds... thumb I want to get a couple of blank blocks from Magma and send them to Paul Jones so he can cut me a .44(Not .429!)creedmoor mold and a .510 650 grain creedmoor mold... Big Grin

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Just checked the "list", have molds for .45 ACP, .45 Colt, .458 rifle.

.45-180SWCBB
.45-358TCPB
.45-230RNBB
.45-280LFN

Rifle
.458-350FPBB
.458-475PB

I got a variety of molds, including a bunch of 10mil and one .475 mold.

For those who don't know, a Master Caster is a manually operated casting machine that takes Magma's molds. You can cast 1000 bullets an hour with a dual cavity mold in many cases.

HTRN

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is a nice looking set up! thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
quote:
a bunch of 10mil

Are you talking 10mm/40S&W size?

I could sure use a source of good cheap hardcast 180-200 grain bullets for practice/plinking in my 40! When you get the thing running and want to make some profit back, let me know!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
So you have a "short and weak"? Wink

I actually have both a 180 AND a 200 grain Truncated cone mold. What happened was a guy on a casting forum had a metric fuckton of Magma style molds and I bought all the ones that don't use gas checks with one exception(that I plan on converting to "plain base" with a reamer)

I'll let you know what happens, but don't hold your breath, I'll be lucky to have it up and running by Christmas Frowner

HTRN