Find
Notify
Tools

The hollow feeling,
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
how long will it last?

After months I had a cat opp last week and missed the easy kill with my truck.

not knowing how long, if ever, until I will have such a good target again has me feeling blue....

I mean this one knew he was caught, the state of panic, the laid back ears, it had it all ... and I blew it.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Disappointed by a subject line again. I thought this post would be about "Texas Heart Shots" using high velocity hollow point ammunition.

I know how you feel, though.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain,the agony of a missed field lion harvest.I haven't had any field lions around home or the ranch for months.Did zip 2 at the dump about a week ago.Buck up better days are ahead.

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr bowman -
I would like to see you get a good set of specks when you drive

It is NOT that hard to run us down but it IS hard to kill us.

I am an Optometrist at My Bowl
Birman

Posts: 515 | Location: The fields of Delaware but now Pa too | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A run through the wrecking yards will most likely yeild a few cool hood orniments that can be mounted on your truck as pop up sites, These will not only add confidence but give you great yearnings for evening drives on the outskirts of town. Remember a few driving lights mounted low have a confuseing effect to cats, and a piece of piano wire stretched between lower ball joints is the ticket for-----Am I going to far here?
Good hunting

Posts: 227 | Location: Bakersfield Ca. USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm working on some modifications to the Studebaker.I'm mounting the adjustable suspension from a lowrider so I can get the Commander bouncing.I have designed bumper mounted brackets that allow to long fiberglass poles to be mounted,sticking out,straight forward.I will attach some spiderwire and a "Maimed Quail" pattern fly to each line.This will center the Field lion with the wheels,lining it up for the harvest.I feel that this will increase harvest as the bouncing flies will capture the field lions attention while the exceleration phase is implemented.

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of scw
posted Hide Post
Wolfer, I've got a '50 Stude Landcruiser. Do you think I could mount a nice "cat-o-matic" to the bullet nose and leave nothing behind?

I've also got 2 '64 Daytona's, might be able to lower them just enough to have an all-american guillotine

Posts: 281 | Location: Utah | Registered: 24 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think you guys have identified my problem, my new truck has higher clearence than I'm use to and on that particular lion I was going for the headpin.

I don't want to install a clothesline because of rabbits and numerous turtles in my area. Guess I need to improve on the aim and learn my weapon's track better.

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya get a better footprint on the rubber if you put it in a 4-wheel drift prior to spreading them into pate'. It helps if you're up to speed on your double clutchin' though. Better luck next time. I've felt the agony of defeat a few times too, just not lately.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.roadkill.skills

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
And here I thought a clutch was only used for taking off,,shifting downhill and stopping,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote