Find
Notify
Tools

Would it be sporting??????
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ladies & Gentlemen ....My Peer's!
This afternoon I had occastion to obtain some dog food (I shot a Roo)! Now whilst this is not a out of the ordanary occurance around here.(although my wife may beg to differ bewildered)I noticed her cat hanging off,the fruits of my labour.Which I had hung under a tree about A metre off the ground as soon as my back was turned!
Which brings me to my question ! I was thinking about doing the same thing up the back of our property & trying to hit Crats as they jummped up to get at the Roo!Would it be sporting to use a shot gun in a kind of field shooting event! Or would I have to use a rifle ? bewildered

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
A shot gun while they are in mid air. A rifle if they grab on while chewing. In either event if you have access to a cam-corder it would make for some interesting footage.

Good luck with the field shooting and take no krat alive.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do Aussies play baseball? I think a 32 oz. Louisville Slugger about 35" long would be ideal for the "flying crats". Good exercise too.

"And this too shall pass."

Posts: 55 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of The Cat Doctor
posted Hide Post
i once saw a video where a guy was using a skeet thrower to throw squril. you might do something similar. hang the roo higher and set the thrower where they have to climb up on it. then you can practice up on your bird shooting and whak krats at the same time. could be fun!!!!!!!!

Married men live longer than single men do,

but married men are a lot more willing to die.

Posts: 165 | Location: missouri | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Yes IMO shooting cats in mid air with a shotgun would be sporting and I bet fun.

Enjoy

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sporting indeed but if you want to go the extra step use the rifle for mid air shots or perhaps hip shoot all shots from the shotgun!

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Browning .22 Auto. You need to set up a spring and solenoid so as to set the roo into motion much as a clock pendulum. clap Put the pot on simmer to one side, the grill on sear on the other. Either way you win. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.TheCratAnd.ThePendulum

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote