THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    He sent his boy to scout around...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

He sent his boy to scout around...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted

This was taken at 4:50PM today. Only about 6', a new kid on the block. Chomp Chomp! Love my back yard, here kitty kitty!

Boys, he needs a name, help me out!

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.gatorgotcha.chomp

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
He looks a lot better than mortie and the rest of his clan,,Hope you offered him an italian ice Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Question is ...is it a he or is it a she ??? Can't properly name it without knowing.Next question is how do you find out or do you already know ? Next (and most puzzling) is if you know , why do you know and do you still have all your original parts Could name it sorta non-gender specific initials like CD (cat disposal)or maybe one of the Southern stlyle names like Billy Joe would work,its kinda non-specific.How big is Albert ? Do you suppose he will tolerate this one ? Some critters don't like to share their pussy source.......

Posts: 48 | Location: Northern NY | Registered: 03 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice work Dan.Didn't this little fella date Morties sister?Do you think Li could make up a batch of Tempura Gator tail for the next get together?Large lizards still give me the willies,shades of wade fishing Lake Kissimme in the early 70's.

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I vote for bob,,,,If it starts digging a hole/mound,,,,and starts laying eggs,,the name can easily be changed to bobbi!!!! Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention it D. Wolfer, at first I thought it was Mortie's sis, or mother or something. What gave it away is that it doesn't weigh 285#.

Albert is about 8' and twice as heavy. I don't know if he'd share that stuff Bob, but I see a lot of them sunning in close proximity to each other. As to your questions regarding gender, I kind of like Clay's approach, and Bob it is! And if Li whacks Bob's tail for appetizers, I'll call him John Wayne Bobbit, paint him yellow and go clean up at the dog fights! Sadly, I had no Italian ice for him today, so bonding will have to wait a bit.

Ned, I'da told you 30-40 years back that wade fishing in Florida ain't necessarily the best idea, fresh or salt water. In theory we're at the top of the food chain. Don't climb down off the mountain without lots of forethought. You don't want to be the missing link.

A short list of things aquatic in FLA that will eat or injure land dwelling beasts, feline or human. Shark, Barracuda, Stonefish, cone shells, stingray, moray eels, sea snakes, mocassins, gators, crocs, several varieties of fresh water turtle, and a broad array of marine fish are capable of causing severe wounds by accident or in self defense. I left out a few, so that if you're a Yankee and decide to move down here, you'll wonder what they are and never quite get comfortable here in the Sunshine State. None of these things exist in New York.

Thanks Clay!

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.gatorbob.by

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
My wife has great reserves when I want to go tromping off into the fla. nature preserves,,,,something about no fences/equal ground Most of the gators I've seen there seem to act as if they did'nt get noticed,,or slink into the water.More concerned for the guy carrying a open beer at 9:00 am and asking if we had seen any gators,Clay.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that would be one of the ones I didn't mention. Now don't go tellin ALL of my secrets now. BTW, was that the guy with more teeth than IQ, but not by much?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan , I wintered in Fla. (Oct.-April , Daytona Beach) in the late 50's and early 60's , met most of the critters you mention , but never saw a gator.I think there were a lot less of them back then.These critters would probably not worry the average New Yorker , we deal with far more dangerous things , like the Hildebeast.I don't think Albert would consider eating that !!

Posts: 48 | Location: Northern NY | Registered: 03 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All of God's creatures have standards!ROTFLMAO

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, it's "Rigby" the gator. Chomp,Chomp,Chomp!!!!!

Posts: 271 | Location: ALBANY,NY,USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote