New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone running a Remington 504?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Any feedback on the Remington 504? Seems like an attractive and well balanced trainer/plinker/small game gun for those of us running M700 centerfires

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure wish I had one. Cheapest I found was 489 plus tax. I know it would be a good shooter. I sold a 541 S a while back and would like to replace it.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question, I notice on some forums people refer to "running a whatever rifle or optics" That strikes me as odd. How do you run a rifle? Whats up with this phrase?

Regards, Byron

Posts: 104 | Location: Alaska & Florida  | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I suggest you google the Remington 504 . If you find two post that recommend it I'd be amazed. I had one in 17 MK2. It was the biggest pos Remington ever made. Would not group and broke two firing pins in 250 rds fired. Needless to say she was traded off long ago and I never looked back.
Damn shame too because it looked and felt spectacular

Posts: 1 | Location: Perry,Ga | Registered: 07 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pastorp:
Question, I notice on some forums people refer to "running a whatever rifle or optics" That strikes me as odd. How do you run a rifle? Whats up with this phrase?

Regards, Byron

Reminds me of being at the racetrack. " This guys running a 383 with nitrous " Smiler

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3315 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Rides Alone
posted Hide Post
I bought one early on after reading several rave reviews in the gun magazines. It shot poorly and I sent it back to Remington. They wound up replacing the barrel and action. When I got it back it shot well. One half inch groups with certain ammunition. My grandson now has the 504 and is quite pleased.
Rides Alone

Posts: 8 | Location: Burlington, Iowa | Registered: 19 December 2008Reply With Quote