New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: THE PLAIN TRUTH
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Toolmaker, you sound repressed. Let your true self out, find a nice soft pussy, even Birman, and stroke it a few times! It will bring out the man in you!
But, if you want to play rough, let me remind you of what I did to the tribbles. Do you really want to wake up on a Klingon Bird of Prey? They are no match for Enterprise IX.
Speaking of Birman, has anyone seen the little fellow? I heard that he knows how to grow balls, and I'm curious.

Your Pal,

Jimmy

Posts: 113 | Location: TX | Registered: 25 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I may have gone over to the darkside.For the last 2 days I've been shooting Pheasants over world class pointers.Each evening sitting outside sipping single malt.I haven't thought about how the Pheasant population has been increased by greasing some of Birmans brood.I may have to try the 20 gauge 101 on a field lion.What do you think #5 or #6 shot?

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
6's usually pattern a bit better in a 20 bird gun?

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wolfer, it sounds like you're living the life of the Prairie Squire, and I have to admit a touch of jealousy. I would say though that I tend to favor Ned's analysis regarding the shot selection, but as always it is up to your gun to decide. Generally the difference betwixt #5 and #6 is like debating the difference between a 23" barrel and 23.5" in a 7x57, but smaller bore shotguns slowly give ground in performance as the shot size grows. Don't get me wrong though, I love the 20 gauge and given a choice of loads would face all fur and feather in North America with one. I would admit to minor apprehension concerning Brownies and Griz. I once wished I could trade my Army issue minigun for one chambered in 3" 20 ga., buckshot of course. I can hear Wagner even as I recall that...I would have changed the name of my chopper from "Miniac" to "Plow the Earth".

We shall await your tale of stalk and adrenaline with bated breath! As always, closer is better; don't shoot until you feel their hot breath and the Grim Reaper is laughing.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.DeathIn.TheMontanaVeldt

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I sound repressed?! You sound like your off your medication. Just so you know I'm not a small furry creature like, I just kill them. I'm not afraid of the wrinkleheaded weenies either. All there prattle about "honor", makes you want to yakk. Five minutes aboard a bird of prey, and I'd be Captain! As for that rusty garbage scow you call a starship, well, I'm ready for ya!:

Did I forget to mention I play poker with Darth Vader and he lost it last week in one helluva pot?

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well derf, I know about those anemic excuses for flechettes rounds, and I'm sure they could be improved. And I hate to admit to wasting the taxpayers money, and ammo in a combat zone, but I once slaughtered a school of carp in a high mountain stream with a minigun. It sure was fun!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Reservoir.Fish

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Poletax,and,derf,,,I have allways preferred the m1 carbine for fishing.Compact mags,,you can stuff a good few of them in your pockets,,,peep sights,a bit more ass for plowing through the water,A very light wieght rifle.I spent a good many days walking drainage canals and blowing carp out of the water with it "fishing".Now having remorse on all the great bait I wasted Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Got some bad news for you guys, flechettes don't really work to well in small arms. In arty, it would produce a "blender" effect effect because the sudden acceleration would bend most of the darts into curves or sharp angles. When they remain straight, they simply pass through doing little significant damage.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just 2 quick thoughts on these new posts,
1) Dan I have done some experaments with Shotgun Flechette. The factory(?) loadings were anemic to the max. No accuracy and absolutely no bang for the buck. Any one of us could have done a much better job of it.
2) Carp with a 22? What is with this pussy shit? 22 indeed! Try a 300Wby Mk. 5 for Rainbows. Much more effective. derf

Frugal indeed?

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Whew! Glad to be outta those multiple posts.I would click the 'OK submit' and nothing would happen.
So me and Mr. Bushmill would click it six more times.
Then again,it could have been the glue holdin' those Mexican Marlboros together.
Dan,I went to the fishing forums.I didn't catch a thing either.You would think that thread would have a high traffic rate on a shooting forum.
Who among us has not shot a fish? Many a warm summer eve popping carp w/.22's.
Would I need a fishing license,hunting license or just bail money?
'Death in the Murky Sewer Run Off',by poletax Capstick.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I ain't gonna debate it, I know the shotgun rounds are bunk, at least in the context I'm talking about. That context would be the 2.75 FFAR performance. And that is a tool intended for troops(cats) in the open, and son they are D-D-Deadly. They will penetrate, even light armour. My frame of reference is a hardened steel dart with 4 pressed fins, weight around 25-30 grains I believe, and about 1.5" long. 1100 per rocket, 2200/pair. Slant range of 1500 meters when the rocket is launched at approx. 30* angle, and you just covered a football field with over 90% casualties. I have seen people nalied to things with them, so die now, die later, take your pick.

In war one does not care about fast or slow deaths. All is fair in love and war, so say our terrorist adversaries. So say cats.

I think the dart design needs a bit of refinement, and perhaps some bore and loading enhancement too. In the rockets they are loaded frontwards and backwards in alternate fashion to enhance dispersal. Anyway, it is only a suggestion, and perhaps there are others of greater merit. I am all ears...in a metaphorical sense.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.TheJury.IsOut

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Sorry Toolmaker. I don't drink enough.
After I re-read your post ,I saw the word Arty.
I'm old and feeble minded and don't use the word Arty.I will now.
How about a Dragonsbreath round w/ fletchettes?
Here Kitty Kitty.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Poletax go reread what I posted above. It does work well in Arty for the reason mentioned. We still use behive rounds. One of the principle advantages it has over buckshot is it's ability to penetrate, however it doesn't tend to transfer energy terribly well. The Army has found that people who die from shotgun flechette wounds do so because of blood loss, not hyperstatic shock. You may be interested to know that the Army has gone back to good ole' buckshot with that Benelli autoloader after the CAWS debacle.

Toolmaker

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Hmm ! I drink to much or something.
You can check with Digital Dan on this too , but I've seen some nasty stuff brought on by Fletchette 12 gauge rounds.
And if you want to talk about awesome,our Artillery Boys used to denude Hells Half Acre in 'Nam w/ 155mm bursting rounds of these little darts.
Never did see what they would do to a crat though.

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
Try $1.50 in dimes.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote