New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: First times
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well firstly, good shooting! Secondly, never give a cat a second chance. Third, this sounds suspiciously like the kind of thing Birman would do, and perhaps we are finally done with his Quail maiming ways. I know you said "tabby", but we can only hope...

I do have one question though. Was this adventure in BFE? I didn't know they had quail in Egypt. I assume desert cammo, and wonder about squirrel in Egypt too. And trees/forests. There are many things in life I do not know, perhaps I must reconsider my stereotyped image of Egypt as a wind blow desert, devoid of anything other that scorpions and unhappy campers.

Well, back to the shed, got to sharpen my chains. Lots of trees to cut, cats to juggle, and so forth and so on, etc., etc., etc.,

Before I go, did you hear about the new self help group for compulsive talkers? They call it On-and-On-and-On. I don't get it.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Shifting.Sands

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm posting this to get the resones you guys started down the noble road.
It's only fare that I start.

The squirrel hunt started like many before. The silence of the early spring morning was broker by the sounds of the old jeeps brakes as we squeeked to a stop. My partner in crime Don and I dressed in full camo started unloading the gear. As we were getting set up Don metioned something about a cat by the oaks off to the right of the field. I looked to see what he was talking about and replied "He'll leave when the shooting starts.". (Don) "Then your just going to let it kill all those quail!" As he handed me his binocalers. What I saw I will never forget! This tabby was having a fieldday with about 40 to 50 baby puffball quail!!!!!!! That mother fu#%er! With a nod Don agreed. Cloing the distence to 200 yards to the tabby target, I setup the .243 m77vt no it's bipod and took aim. The tabby now looking at us was crouched low in the grass. My crosshairs found him first and with a wisperd "shot" got the reply "tak'em". With a loud thud the 70 gr. tnt found its its intended target.
Opon arriving at the location of our pry we were ah struck by the number of dead or dieing quail. This cat was in the prosses of killing every thing it could get it's clase into.
Any why thats my first time getting even with these good for nothing (save a one time use target)felions Please and your reasone, firsts or comments etc.

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote