THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: Great Day Pier Fishin'...........

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Great Day Pier Fishin'...........
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
Fishing and jigging for bleeding hearts at the same time. Bet that was fun! But say, speaking about cat bait, don't coyotes catch lots of domestic cats where possible. Hmmmmm. I wonder if they have a taste for them? Might be better than my stuffed snoopy decoy?

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
NOW THATS FUNNY I've used rats for bait. Large stripers love'um! Those poeple had no sence of humor! Of course I think they might work great!

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Too cool!!!! Kinda reminds me of chumming for sharks When surf fishing,,I've found if you tell the beach walkers you're shark fishing when asked,,,,they don't seem to ask so many questions,,,they keep walking Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back about 15 years ago a few of my buddys and I were shooting ground squirrels and we decided to tie one to the rear bumper for the ride home( Not as intertaining as a bug zapper, Bye the way) any way we pulled up into the yard and my dad and older brother were outfront and walked over. They looked at the squirrel and asked what the hell we were doing. With the best possible poker face we replied we were "trolling for eagles" I have never seen my pop's eye brows raised so high and my brother almost had a tear roll down his leg. To this day he probably thinks we were drinking instead of shooting.
Good Hunting.

Posts: 227 | Location: Bakersfield Ca. USA | Registered: 15 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
That thing must have taken a good bit of time to reel in,,I have the greatest respect to the person that landed it.Hell will freeze over before I land a shark from the beach,,At least thats my general feeling on the matter.Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
If you've seen the size of the sharks they've taken off the beach at montauk, you wouldn't find it so funny. I think the record for a shark caught off the beach was something like a 3000lb great white. Montauk is probably one of the best places on the East Coast for Great White - Many of the record catches have been made in that area. A number of shore communities ban fishing for shark from beaches and piers - I don't know if this is still true...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Ted. You have reminded me of a story related to me by a friend a couple of years ago.
Seems like a friend of his got bored one fine summers day and decided to have a little fun in downtown Vancouver,BC. He went to driving slowly up and down the streets in hooker country with an ear of corn tied to his fishing rod which was proped up on the seat of his 57 Chevy convertable. When he was finally stopped by a cop and asked what he was up to he replied (deadpan and seemingly serious)"Trolling for pigs". derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Looks like he caught one too!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.InASows.Ear

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 203 | Location: Vancouver Island BC | Registered: 23 July 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thats nothing, i went to visit a friend at the university of west virginia and actually saw a guy from his fraternity using kittens for bait while fishing for catfish. It was a very odd seen. He had to tie them on the biggest hook he could find and they made the biggest commotion iv ever seen when they hit the water.

Posts: 19 | Location: Atlanta, Ga | Registered: 17 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Only in my Great State Of West Virginia.
I love it here.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
By Gawd!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Tiny.Bubbles

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Big bait, big fish.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote