New
Find
Notify
Tools

A TALE OF BLUEHAIRED WOE
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just returned from an evening stroll to the neighbor's place for a chat that never happened. Got intercepted by one of the local bluehairs whom I'd not met, and her opening words were: "Have you seen a fox?" I was pretty sure she wasn't referring to Li, but rather one of the 'four feet on the ground' variety, so I said, "No, not around here(true), but up the road about 2 miles I have." "It killed the kittens." This is where mind and body diverge in activity. Inside I'm ROTFLMAO , outside I'm..."Really?" "Yes, the two grey FERAL kittens I was feeding." Has the old bat no priorities at all?

Can you imagine how hard it was to keep a straight face? I did a Zen thing and recalled the recent drywall screw incident, and very nearly had tears I was so overcome with grief! "It was the two that were down by the gate." "Oh, I saw them a few days ago." A) They weren't kittens, they were full grown quail maimers, and B) I suppose it wasn't a good time to tell her I'd tossed them in the river for Albert and his minions. "You haven't seen the fox?" "No, but I'll keep my eye open.", and I'm thinking 'GO Fox GO!', and wondering whether it is a red or grey. She turned and wandered on down the road without another word.

What a great day! I have mother nature in my camp and we seek a vacuum together. How can we lose?

BTW, both cats were laying on the road shoulder about 10' apart, throats ripped open and left for the buzzards. They'd been there too long to salvage for the kitchen.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.foxesdoit.too

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
You sly fox you!! Was she carrying a 24 oz. budwieser?

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No Clay, and that's something I left out of the other post. No drinks of any kind, but she did have a bag of dry cat food under her arm! Probably I should have followed her to their lair. At a distance of course.

If all them young ladies was little red foxes, an I was a fox I'd la da de la da....

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.redhotfoxes.com <if it's real, I apologize.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
She's a local,,,You'll have your chance Dan. I really want to take my 82mm kowa there,,,But fear what the airlines might do 27x eer eyepiece,,,picks up .223 hits @ 300yds. with the greatest of ease,,It would save a bit of hiking,,,I could scope out a whole swamp/lagoon from one decent spot.Clay.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote