Find
Notify
Tools

New Cat Adjustment Tool
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
I got a new Swedish Steel hand axe the other day. It was hand made by a Mr. M. Henrick Knutesohn in a small vilage where he lives and is razor sharp. It has his personal proof mark stamped into the steel, a cat in two parts. I know it will give me good service too should any cats here need adjusting. The tag that came with it read that it should be cleaned with soapy water and oiled lightly after every cat, except birmans. It could go two or three birmans because there wasn't much to them.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like the proof mark, a sure sign of class. Smiler

I recieved some good news yesterday. My Remmy 700 conversion will be on the way next week, an unheard of turn around for a good 'smith. Or any smith for that matter. New barrel, bedding, trigger, action reblued as well...looking like a total of 3 weeks, including shipping. Well, I'm thinking Mr. Savage and make a lot of crat fertilizer with some 85 gr. BT's! Cool

Also got off my dead ass and ordered some dies today, .25-20, .250 Savage, 7x64 Brenneke, and last but not least, some dies for Special. Well, we shall see what we shall see soon enough. Wink One or the other will handle crats, regardless of size I suspect.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.ItsNotSport.ItsAnObsession

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So Mr. Sherlock, how is the new axe for throwing. I have an old tomahawk that serves with my Hawkin and it works fairly well.
Also the old Mathews Feathermax with the Muzzy 3 blade hunting points can be kind of nasty. Quiet and deadly! Wink derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
Trust the Swedes for providing tools for crat-destroyers all over the world! thumb

Regards,
Marterius

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually the axe is so sharp you don't have to throw it. Simply dropping a cat on it makes the two pieces part of the instructions operable. Or even just showing it to a less than mature cat. It is like Beowulf's Sword, magical. This is the axe that legends would be written about, if crats could write. Or maybe I will. I'll have to think up a name for it like "die meister zwei-cat macher" or "separate but equally dead", or "cat doubler", maybe even "whammer of N.S.".

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Snap>
posted
Sir, I am glad that you can admit that some good things comes from old Europe. Like a good axe or a GSP!

WMT

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. S. Sherlock:
Actually the axe is so sharp you don't have to throw it. Simply dropping a cat on it makes the two pieces part of the instructions operable. Or even just showing it to a less than mature cat. It is like Beowulf's Sword, magical. This is the axe that legends would be written about, if crats could write. Or maybe I will. I'll have to think up a name for it like "die meister zwei-cat macher" or "separate but equally dead", or "cat doubler", maybe even "whammer of N.S.".

A Swedish axe need a Swedish name! I suggest "kattklyvaren" - that means "the cat cleaver". thumb

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
KATTLKYVAREN it is!

one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
KATTLKYVAREN

Glad to be of service, just note that it is Kattklyvaren, not Kattlkyvaren. beer

Regards,
Martin

-----------------------

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"the cat cleaver"

That almost has a Biblical ring to it. Red Face

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.IveBeenTo.TheMount!

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Really, it has a Swedish ring to it. Spelling adjustment made too. thanks for the help there everyone. Been practicing slipping it out of the sheath and showing it to my shoulder mount fox here on the wall of my puter/reloading shack/armory. I have to check for sure I think it may be starting to show a purple glow when unsheathed in the prescence of a bad pussy too. You can never get a Birman when you want one.

one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
I have a "cat adjustment tool"... It has "Stihl" written on the side of it gunsmile

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Holy Cow!!!! Check your Stihls and Huskies too. I'll bet they all have that proofmark of the cat in two parts like my "KATTKLYVAREN".

one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
Just looked, sorry, the guide bar is worn to bare metal, so it doesn't say "Stihl" anymore. thumbdown

Gotta get a new one, the one on there is pretty shot - Oregon's are looking good for the price...

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote