Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

home invasion
 Login/Join

posted
Walked into my house from out side last night to find a pair of stinking dirty cats across the room bolting for the door. heard me coming obviously. i had my hands full of assorted crockery so was a bit slow to get the door shut. this allowed one to escape but i blocked the other with the door. nice sound it made too. a merry time was had in hot persuit armed only with a straw broom. vigorously stroking the cat with the broom as it tried to maintain traction on corners was entertaining exercise. the fur ball climbed onto a bench and behind the microwave and bailed up. luring with a piece of steak on a 2/0 hook attached to 30# braid in a heavy baitcaster was unsuccessfull. the cat piss smell was beginning to permeate the kitchen so i had to act quick. jamming the microwave up against the wall had the desired effect. the cat shot out of the corner and up onto a cuboard. retreeving another rod i fashioned a noose that was held open with a bread bag tie. the stupid one thought it was safe behind a bucket but i could see its reflection in the window. carefully i manouvered the noose over its head while trying not to laugh at the thought of the pending catrobatics (thanks DD)to come. a quick jerk tightened the noose. panic mode set in and cat gymnastics commenced. the performance was commendable. lucky i had plenty of open floor space. the fight was better than a lot of fish. reintroducing the broom didn't have the desired calming effect and only drove it to greater exertions. finally oxygen deprivation did. one less worthless furball.

Posts: 13 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
An unsolicited recommendation for you...a neighbor-be-good stick behind the front door. Mine is the thicker 2/3 of a pool cue, but a axe handle works nicely too. You will never let one get away again!

Extra points for the noose, BTW. DL, are you listening?

DD, can you lasso with your fly rod? I'm thinking of a new crat olympic event.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
kinda reminds me of an old neighborhood where one cat lover lived next to one cat hater. The lovers crats were always on the loose until one day the crat lover left to go somewhere and the crats were loose. #1 crat hater promptly loaded up his 45 and walked into the garage and blasted both. The crat lover came home, found his crats dead and can you imagine this, He called the police. Hearing the story from one of the officers, it seemed and though they had one hell of a time trying to keep a straight face during the interviews.

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Catrobatics Ahh thats one of my favorite events to watch! Do you have it on video??

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
DJS, you are quite welcome! Isn't it amazing how much line they can pull against a strong drag? Red Face

CDH, I kinda doubt that lasso thing, though DL might have a thought on the subject. What I have seen however is this: Rig your fly rod as you normaly would, and on the end of your test tippet use a nail knot to whip a hatpin in place, pointy end away please. Now with just a bit of practice, and I do mean only a small bit, it is quite easy to pop balloons one after another and impress the hell out of your unwise and ignorant friends, or even some fools that are paying you for fly fishing lessons. Sorta like shooting fish in a barrel... Anyway, what I'm considering now is that it would be high art and classic humor to sneak up on a restarurant dumpster late at night. Bet you could motivate three or four before your buddy opened up with the Model 12, whaddya think? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Parlor.Tricks

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the think tank DJS. Fresh views and techniques are always welcome here, Thinking underneath the box as it is in your case. This a group of 110 %-ers. You already know we are outnumbered so be alert and good luck! N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
I guess when salmon season is closed I can substitute crats. I guess they will simulate the fight from a 10 pound silver salmon. Time to go sharpen some big treble hooks....

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OEH, there is not one fish that I have ever caught that would out fight a crat on a noose. That must be the epitomy of phishing! derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh I've had a few that would outfight ol' Tommy but you can't find 'em up your way derf. Best advice I can give anybody fishin' for Mutton Snapper with stout tackle is to be sure and clinch your cheeks real tight when you set the hook, or you'll get a damn fine case of 'rhoids fer sure. Same goes for early summer Cuberas too.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Preperation.Ache

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DJS, I like the new sport you have started! Catrobatics! One especially wet year we were going to butcher two hogs.......one got loose. He was in our back field, and it was too wet to shoot him out there, and drag him to the butchering poles with our truck. What to do?

Trolling for hogs. Have no doubt, it worked......tied a dead rabbit to a long line, and when the hog got interested, just kept pulling him in until he was under the poles.

If you like catrobatics, or hog trolling, take a look at this website.......guaranteed to make you laugh.
http://users3.ev1.net/~jtclay/fishin.htm

A tip of the hat,......Jim

Posts: 49 | Location: USA, Virginia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote