New
Find
Notify
Tools

math problem
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
338-378 Weatherby + 180BT + @3550f.p.s - 32 yards to tabby target= ?
I almost had it solved but after I put this into my "Mark v" calculator and never found the answer. The tabby did!
Has anyone else "found" this to be a problem? If you have another way to "get" the answer please share it with the class.

Posts: 255 | Location: Left coast, Right mind! | Registered: 16 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
That sounds like the day I shot a pidgeon with a .303 180 grn.soft point,,,Atomised Damn thing flew over my pink caddy and crapped on it minutes after I had washed it,,,The thing made a big mistake to stop on top of my garage to admire it's art work. Any how,,,how big was the vapor cloud??Good shooting!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My copy of "Modern Exterior Ballistics" has a special edition chapter dealing with the physics of secondary projectiles. The answer you're looking for is on page 34.

It's hard to write the formula without scientific script but it's something like Sigma-sub-MA^2[rho*Theta-sub-TZ]-tan^3/arc<3^-3* This assumes ISA and right hand twist faster than 1:10. For slower twists multiply answer by 1.15.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.HigherMath.ForSimplePleasures

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Dan, you have the hypothesis, The Scientific method now demands an experiment to test it! Here kitty, kittty, kitty...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote