New
Find
Notify
Tools

$10,000 reward for "cat sniper"
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
All right. Which one of you did this. I'm willing to offer a $20,000 reward for continuing to do it!!!!

http://www.napanews.com/templates/index.cfm?template=st...87-5CABA4B2CABB&vm=r

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Some people need to get some exposure to the real world. The only problem here is that the 'sniper' is using too light of a caliber for the target species.

Sounds like a job for the HTRN!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
Who cares? I don't think cats are an endangered species yet.
Then the one that says what's next humans.
What a DAMN MORON..

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
120MM,
I'll take you up on that $20,000.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Since the first shooting was reported in the Alta Heights district in east Napa in mid-November, at least five cats have been shot and three killed with a small-caliber handgun.

Sheesh. This guy only kills a total of 5 cats and gets headline status. I killed 5 last week and can't get any recognition. No respect.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What I get out of that article is that the sniper is more sane than those nutjobs in the land of fruits and nuts! I mean really, keeping a stray in the freezer? Crat is much better served fresh! thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Oh Puleez.
Keep yer crat inside.
The one that drags it's hind legs,,I'd like that one for myself.
I know a spot out on the Poca river that a 4 foot Muskie hides in. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let 'em run outside and what do you expect? Do the owners have any sympathy for the birds and other wildlife the crats are killing at night while out making mischief in other folks' yards?

Sorry-crats allowed to roam outside deserve whatever they get, be it B.F. Goodrich, Michelin, Federal, Eley Tenex or other such terminators.

And by the way, how did they determine that is was a handgun versus a rifle?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell I would like to know who this person is as well.
I would love to buy em a beer and talk about future plans!! beer

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
It is in the paper, believe it for what it shows. Proof that FUBAR lives in Napa Valley. Is there any wonder now about johnny taliban, certain lifestyles, and misconceptions about the world?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
with a small-caliber handgun.

How those bozos know that? What a bunch of sad sack idiots. Geez, that is pathetic. Small wonder Arnold took over out there so easily.

Found one under the car huh? Dead. Okay, I admit it. It was one helluva shot, all the way from Yankeetown, doncha think? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.SuperiorSkill.MakesForCertainKills

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
How did they know it wasn't a 416 Rigby, huh?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Alta Heights resident Joe Fischer lost his orange-colored tabby Jerry over the weekend of Oct. 11-12, when Jerry took a bullet to his head. Fischer and his wife rushed Jerry to a veterinarian in Suisun City late that night. But, unfortunately, Jerry didn't make it. He died the next day.

If I shoot a cat in the head, is surely don't live to next day no matter how many vets they bring on... This guy need a proper rifle and some good varmit bullets... bewildered

/Marterius

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
That "sniper" needs an upgrade in weaponry,,,he should look at a .22 cal pcp air rifle,quiet,,no spent cases to get rid of,,,,,But,,,,hell with the crats,,,whats the commission on selling a 5.9 mil house? Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is very strange Li think. Why shoot cat under car? Confused Fry rod with Maimed Quair Nymph more fun for sure! Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Found one under the car huh? Dead. Okay, I admit it. It was one helluva shot, all the way from Yankeetown, doncha think?

Dan-what kind of Remchestersavuger are you shooting to get a trajectory flat enough to follow the earth's curvature all the way from Fla to Ca? Must have a heck of a bc and lots of mv.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, sometime back there was some discussion here about a new wildCAT round dedicated to the sport as it were. We, that is I, offered to build one if we could come up with a design. It went back and forth over several days, you know, the big bore vs. small bore hyper velocity thing. Only thing I think we agreed on was the name and I'm not sure we, er, I recall what that was. Something like (caliber undecided) Der Kratzenslatzen und Loudenboomer us Panzerfumpin der Scriminwifin, or (.---)DKLPS Ultra Short or Long RamminSlammin. That depends on whether you are a H&H fan or a Remmy Savant.

Ahem, now that we're thru the foreplay, I went ahead and did something with the idle speculation. The basis for this round is the .416 Rigby case, shortened to 2.8" overall, no taper. Filled with Bullseye(not to be confused with BS) it serves as a magnificent primer for the cartridge in question. That particular case is not unlike the M1 Abrams concept although it is of 155mm in chamber diameter, and throated down to .75", smoothbore. The projectile is a titanium fin stabilized form of 9" in length and a shank diameter of .257". The discarding sabot is milled from finest aluminum, the charge is triplex in nature.

I'm sorry to say that most of the other details are classified although I have shared the booster technology(think mid bore rail gun accelerator) with DARPA and Luke Skywalker.

Hope that helps. We may be Southern, but by the love of Jesus we're going to whup the Yankee invaders this time!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.ConfessionsOf.ADangerousMind

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CDH:
Some people need to get some exposure to the real world. The only problem here is that the 'sniper' is using too light of a caliber for the target species.

Sounds like a job for the HTRN!

Lately, I've preferred the chainsaw and axe to the rifle. That said, there is much I can teach this young padawan.

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
you see the results of our plans. we have turned you against yourself. all endgames from this point favor us. you lose. pathetic humans.

Posts: 79 | Location: wherever there is a female in heat | Registered: 27 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CDH
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

The chainsaw is too noisy, but the axe is nice. I am more of a club sort of guy. I have a nice piece of hickory on the boat for convincing big fish to come aboard quietly...maybe I need to promote it to crat duty!

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Posts: 1780 | Location: South Texas, U. S. A. | Registered: 22 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Birman,,the only thing thats gonna be turned is your skin,,,,inside out!!! thumb CDH,,,the virtues of a stiff stick of hickory has been spoken of in here before,,,good stuff!! Some times you just gotta beat them into submission.I've taken a liking to a 30" 1/2"drive extension I have,,,it really caves in a cranium,,chrome plated,,cleans up in a jiffy!!! To each thier own,,,,,Have fun!!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HTRN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BIRMAN'S XO:
you see the results of our plans. we have turned you against yourself. all endgames from this point favor us. you lose. pathetic humans.

You should see the results of MY plans. Oh wait, you can't, the remains are buried too deep!

HTRN

Posts: 261 | Location: In my Subterranean lair, okay, I admit it, it's a basement | Registered: 04 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I dont know but I would like to be a realtor there selling those multi million dollar houses. Those would be good commissions

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but it would be more fun to shoot the realtors. They are hardly more virtuous than crats. Frowner Perhaps even lower than lawyers, and we all know what W. Shakespeare had to say about their kind.

All of this talk of sticks and clubs reminds me of the one and only useful application of a golf club. A sand wedge applied to a point just below the chin is a spectacular thing to behold! You'd be amazed at the hang time it will put on a crat. Or at least part of the crat. Remember to rake the sand trap when you're done.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.ICanFeelEvilVibes.FromKalifornia roflmao