THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Any Southern Oregon Squirrel hunters here?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Southern Oregon Squirrel hunters here?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I live in Washington but often buy an Oregon license to build up my big game preference points. When I do I like to go squirrel hunting in Oregon. I've been going to the White River Wildlife area up by Mt Hood but the squirrels are far and few between these days. I'd like to try the Southern Oregon areas but am unfamiliar with that area.

Can someone point me to a likely area down there?

Posts: 53 | Location: Olympia, WA, USA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Allan, the area between Butte Falls and Prospect holds silver gray squirrels. Look for the zone in the Oregon hunting regs that has the most generous season. You don't want to be too far from oak habitat. Lots of wild hazel there, too. Good luck.
I have a .40 flint longrifle nearing completion that I would love to try on the rascals.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16329 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote