THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Re: My dog betrayed me today.......

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My dog betrayed me today.......
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well Dan,
Truth be known, she was the one tellin' me to shoot the lawn leapord, not that I needed any motivation to do so.
She's a diamond in the rough, i'll tell you that.
Trigger

Posts: 271 | Location: ALBANY,NY,USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, there I was, sitting in my living room, minding my own business, when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye. Not 10 yards from the house was a large orange leapord creeping up alongside the hedgerow.
The closest option I had was my belgium browning sweet 16 and some copperplated 5's. I figured that'd be sufficient.
As I slowly crept to the door to slide it open, my rottweiler sees me with the gun, and gets all excited, because when I get the gun, it usually means we're going for a hike out back. Now with the dogs 115 lb ass bouncing around just inside the front door,waiting to go out, the leapord is totally focused on the door. Now i'm shit out of luck. I managed to get the dog to another room, the leapord is still in the area, but still focused. Just as he started back into the tall grass, I swung the door open quick,(figuring being stealthy was out of the question at that point) and tried to take aim, but he vanished.
Is my dog a traitor, or just a victim of circumstance?
Trigger

Posts: 271 | Location: ALBANY,NY,USA | Registered: 28 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
The poor dog was just excited to get the hell out of the house and sniff around,,can't blame him,,,Sounds like you should have let him out and do the dirty work for you,,Those copper shotshells aren't cheap any way.Better luck next time,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Claybuster,
Nah, the dog loves cats. He's 10 years old, loves to play, and could'nt catch a cat if he wanted. He's a lifelong pal, I love him like he's my son, but he's no cat killer.
He never wants to go out. When he does, he's off the porch, does his business, and immediately wants back in the house.
Cats can't resist tuna, i'll get em' tonight.
Trigger

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet if you found a shoe-leather-tough alley Tom and let him inside for a night your dog would get over that shortcoming. Side bet: Your wife would skin you without benefit of anesthetic.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.TroubleMakin.Dan

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That lady sounds more diamond than rough. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Damn trigger,,,I'm jealous!!! Good luck in your persuits!! Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote