Find
Notify
Tools

drozd days
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted
Well,most of the beans here are knee high or better,can't see any chucks to shoot,,not any crats about,,humidity is getting high. So,,I decided to take the 10/22 and h-bar out of my truck and return them to my vault for a while. I replaced them with my drozd,,,,A bb machine gun,,capable of 600rpm,,,6 round bursts,,,pure hell on a soda can,,,not much else though,,lots of fun to shoot. The next morning as I walk out of my house,,,I see a rabbit in wifies flower bed,,I pulled out the drozd,,powered up the electronic trigger,,,pip,pip,pip,pip,pip,,didn't kill it,,but it shure got the hell out of dodge.Later on at work,,,I was watching 8 or 9 deer going through the woods,,One of my crew leaders pulls up and I point out the deer to him,,,now maby50 yds away,,He asks where you gun?? shoot one for me!!!! so I pull out the drozd,,,,,pip,pip,pip,pip,pip,pip,,,pip,pip,pip,pip,pip,pip,,leaves and twigs were poping and falling,,,The deer weren't the least impressed,,and kind of walked,,almost trotting away. looks like I'm gonna have a couple of trophy bucks running around here in the fall,,,a couple of them were already sporting good sized racks.Have FUN!!!!!!!!!!Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Clay, you need to get 'er a lot closer than 50 yards with one of them things...BB's got a piss poor SD. Lucky one of those deer din't come over and bust a can of Whoop-ass on ya. Roll Eyes

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.AlwaysCarryEnough.Gun

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For sure!
Them damn deer can be quite aggresive when provoked by a way to small of a gun!
I once saw one attack ( america's funniest animals ) because an idiot put on a lot of doe in heat sent! Now that was funny! roflmao

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Not to bragg,,or be smart,,But I'd almost welcome a scenario of that type. With rifle,pistol,,and bow,,,it's almost the same as taking a piss,,pretty easy.And no,,,I have no desire to get copulated by one either,,you won't see me at the shop buying a bottle of doe in heat to pour over my self and sit on all fours with my butt in the air,,,That person must have some really wierd dreams Roll Eyes I've seen the mexicans take'em live,,,,not proud to say,,,but I winged one,shot it on the run,It went a good ways into a tree huggers property,,I tracked it,,found it,,,jumped it, and slit it's throat,,he still had a good bit of fight in him,,then carried him out in a hurry. If I piss one off,,and it kicks my ass,,,I deserved it...Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clay I myself have entertained the thought of jumping out of a tree onto a big whitetail bucks back and then ever so carefully slipping my bowie knife deep into his neck and then jumping off and let him bleed out.
But then I woke up from my drunken stupor and realized that I could also be injured in that situation not only by the deer whoppin my arse but what if I miss the deer and fall onto the ground and break a leg or worse stab my self with the friggin knife! Eeker
It would be cool to do it but a definite safety risk!

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
A small doe once ran up right next to me in heavy cover, shoulder to shoulder at twenty inches, stopped while looking away, ears going like radar antennas. As her nose turned toward me it collided with my fist going toward her nose. Ever see a deer bound 30 feet without so much as a duck and jump?

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wish I had some video of that NS! roflmao

BTW, I have passed a benchmark(pun sorta intended) in my home upgrade/renovation project! Two days back my reloading bench finally got reacquainted with the smell of IMR4227, RX15, and all the other usual suspects. Nothing like the smell of gunpowder to chase away the odor of fresh paint. It goes well with cedar BTW, now for a hint of Maxwell House, whiskey and stale stogies! thumb Any of you fellas play poker? Confused

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.YankeetownGentlemens.Club

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
now for a hint of Maxwell House, whiskey and stale stogies! Any of you fellas play poker?

You are speaking my language now DD!
Hell yea I play poker!

http://www.liquerupfrontpokerintherear.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
During black powder season about 10 years ago, my good friend Shortman shot and wounded a large doe. He hit her a little too far back. We trailed her and found her lying in a creek bed. She was still breathing and for some reason Shortman decided to cut her throat instead of shooting her again. He pulled his pig sticker and straddled the doe. As he reached for her, she came alive and took off down through the woods with Shortman hanging on for dear life. A 145 lb man riding a 110 lb doe. They went about 150 yards before he came unhinged and fell off against a big old hickory tree, landing upside down on his head. By this time my friend Darrel and I were on the ground laughing so hard we both got sick. Shortman lost his knife and glasses, lost about 2 dollars worth of skin on his face, and never did find the deer.

One of Us
Picture of The Cat Doctor
posted Hide Post
A guy that I know wanted me to go deer hunting with him. we were walking an old road when he handed me his gun and jumped into the blackberry briers. he got a boot on an 8 pts horn and cut its throat. he never fired a shot that season and still filled his tag. needless to say I havn't hunted with him since.

Married men live longer than single men do,

but married men are a lot more willing to die.

Posts: 165 | Location: missouri | Registered: 18 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One of my (goofy) cousins wounded a doe in Iowa. She couldn't run but was still alive. Unfortunately Ralph had fired his last slug at her. He jumped on her with a folding knife. He was wearing a heavy pair of insulated coveralls. One of her hooves split one leg of the coveralls from the hip to the ankle. Ralph was uninjured and killed the doe. He earned the "goofy" tag by telling the tale.

"And this too shall pass."

Posts: 55 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 12 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
7Rum, that's gotta be one of the best web sites I've seen, kudos to you! jump

As to the rest, only blind men and fools try to wrassle a live deer. Most of us are content just to cavort with pussies now and then. Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.DanSpeaksWith.SplitTongue