THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Siamese Mauser post on MIlitary and Mil surp forum

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Siamese Mauser post on MIlitary and Mil surp forum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It looks like someone is looking for a cocking piece for a Siamese Mauser on the mil and mil surp forum.

First, I don't think the right to keep and bear arms should apply to cats, especially those tricky bastard Siamese.

I was once bitten and scratched by a siamese, and think what would have happened if he had access to a Mauser. I'd be dead!

And think of what Birman would do if he had access and could use firearms. He's the kind of cat that would own a semiautomatic assault weapons that shoots a million bullets a minute, and with which you can't miss.

I think it is time now, to mobilize and disarm all cats, to make this world a better place.

I politicize at my bowl.

120mm

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You are absolutely correct! No Siamese Mausers, No Cat Cannons! They are WMD(weapons of mankind destruction)! They are dangerous enough with just teeth, claws, and the occasional fart. Lest we forget, CATapults too. DISARM THEM!!!!

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.ActivistsWithA.Cause

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
But if you remove their arms(uhh legs) wouldn't they then be considered akin to slugs! And as for Birman, he is already a cocky piece! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You're right derf. BELAY THAT!!! They have enough arms, don't give them any more! And no heavy weapons!!! BTW, is it true the Chinese built the Great Wall to stop invading hoards of polevaulting cats?

Dan

Pres., TYGC
www.BurnTheBamboo.Quick

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Legless cats has a certain ring to it that is fundamentally attractive.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll bet they'd swim ALMOST as well as otters!

That brings up a related subject sort of...they don't fly anywhere as near as graceful as the 2 P-51's that went over the house a couple of days back. Wonder why that is? A fella sent me a PM about a compressed air mortar that would be useful for furball flight training and I'd like to work on that but need to enhance their landing technique a bit. Now with a cannon you'll get the requisite bounce-screech-bounce, but the mortar...it's just a big "FLOP"! Sometimes more of a "WHOP". Now if they happen to snag a bluehair on the way down it's more of a "yeeooow, ripppp, eeeiiiieee!" sound. Not all of God's creatures are naturally inclined to grease it on at touchdown, and cats are probably the worst of all. I understand of course that buffalo and hippos don't have wings and seldom fly, and I'm not offering their technique for comparison. I do remember some scenes from "Dancing With Wolves" where the Buff's didn't skid very well however.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.Leaden.Thuds

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to worry, after a few touch and go's on Albert and Bob,they should be Carrier rated. Or missing!! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Question, can a disarmed-(legged) cat land on it's feet? I have a theory that said cat would fit much better in a cannon barrel. (fewer protrusions) Could you then place his legs 200-300 yards downrange in an "X" formation and attempt to hit it? This one has me thinking that I might need to fire a few sub-caliber squills as "spotter rounds".

Oh, 120, just so you know, I'll place the cat-leg "X" in the middle of a Barbie sheet.

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick, I think you answered you own question there, but it would be up to your skill as a marksman. Obviously, if an unarmed cat hit the "X", well, it could land on its feet! If it didn't on the first try, you could always try again, right? Ned was doing some work awhile back with cats and moly in his cannon, maybe he'll drop by for an update.

This has a lot of possibilities...

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.XMarksThe.Splat

one of us
posted Hide Post
Barbie sheet? Ooooh, there's an oldie but a goodie. Where is genghis and Tasco74 when you need them!

That's gotta be at least a year old!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

That's gotta be at least a year old!

Yeah, it's been a while. Unfortunately, the night my oldest daughter got batized, (Dec. 28, IIRC) we came home and discovered that her poor hamster had passed on to that great big wheel in the sky. She hasn't been too interested in getting another one yet, probably because she's been more interested in going target shooting with Dad. On a positive note, the cat never did bother the hamster again!

Well, that's all for now.

Rick

Posts: 159 | Location: Watkins Glen, NY, USA | Registered: 24 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rick, I'm pleased to know that there is still somebody in NY that is a clear thinker in regards to cats and other trash. Good for you! ]

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.Cheering.Section

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dan. BTW, I just looked it up, and Yankeetown isn't that far out of my way next time I go to Bradenton to see some of my family. I usually come down through Gainsville and then down 75 past Tampa to Bradenton. Might be fun to see if the gators like NY cats.

Oh that's a happy thought!

Cheers!

Rick

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Hey, I live in New York! What, I don't count? Your just trying to hurt my feelings, aren't you? In the words of preeminent philosopher,Curley Howard "I resemble that remark". How's this for a game - we use an pneumatic mortar to shoot legless kitties into an alligator farm, the goal being to hit the "bullseye" say a five foot diameter island with chain link around it to keep the lizards out. The hard part, you ask? Trying to get motivated to hit the bullseye - tweaked kitty in pond full of very hungry crocs, is almost too entertaining

Toolmaker

P.S. What the hell is a "barbie sheet"?

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Toolmaker, sorry for the oversight, didn't know you were doing hard time in New York! I think they had a Kurt Russel movie a few years back about how to get out of there, might be available thru Blockbuster if you need some tips. Like your proposal BTW, mind if I warm up with some vodka tonics? They won't help my aim but I'll laugh a lot more...

Rick, we're about 45 min west of I-75 from Ocala. If you'd like some personal time with Li'l Bob on the way, just give a shout.

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.RoadTrip.Amusement

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Dan, I just might take you up on that. Probably won't be until next spring, though. I'm currently buying a new (larger) house, so that's got the finances tied up at the moment. Once I get moved in I have about 3 months of "projects" I want to accomplish. (Wine Rack, hot tub, etc.) So between that and hunting, there goes my vacation time for this year. However, we are planning a trip to the Sunshine State about March '05. I'll keep in touch.

Toolmaker, read this, and try to stay off the floor and keep your ass on!
Indoor Cat Hunting

Rick

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a lovely trip down memory lane. Thank you! derf