Find
Notify
Tools

cat burgaler
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Almost got in trouble today. Came back from trap shooting and decided to do some barbeque on such a nice day. Backed up the truck to the backyard to offload a full propane tank for the barbeque. Had the grill going and had just put the steaks on the grill when I needed to go into the house for some more barbeque sauce. Came right back out and saw a big old tom cat just clamping his jaws down on one of my steaks on the edge of the grill. Dropped the bottle of sauce to take the few steps to the pickup truck to fetch the Citori. Still had a shell in my pocket and put that into the lower barrel. The cat had jumped down from the grill and was trying to haul 8 oz of fine beef away. The Citori closed with the familiar click and the rest was well practiced fluid motion as I put a load of 8's into the center of the tom cat. Got him just before he made the fence. It all happened so fast I had not noticed the neighbor was out in his back yard. I just stood there as the neighbor headed into the house. I continued to stand there until the sheriff deputies arrived. One took the Citori out
of my hand as the other was asking just what had happened. I mechanically told him of the events as the other deputy inspected the
dead cat. He came back with the mauled steak held high. The first deputy then asked me if I had anything to say for myself and I
replied, "How do you want your steaks cooked." He said "Both medium rare, and are those beers cold?". The neighbor went back into his house when he realized the investigation had just ended with no charges filed.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a special moment for you....protecting the family larder....vindacated just like Michael Jackson...well...maybe not!! That is clearly a story for the Grand kids and we are proud of you!!!!!!!!

The year of the .30-06!!
100 years of mostly flawless performance on demand.....Celebrate...buy a new one!!

Posts: 858 | Location: MD Eastern Shore | Registered: 24 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry you dropped the sauce OEH, but the tail had a good ending. Wink Never underestimate the horror of a load of 8's at close range.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.SupportYourLocal.Sheriff

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn fine shooting OEH!! Nice escape as well!
Darn cats will learn not to mess with you one day or the neighbors will get tired of buying them!

Guns and ammo what more do we need?

Posts: 214 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
but did the steak survive??

Posts: 13440 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of short44
posted Hide Post
TOO FUNNY... how close does the next door guy live ?? This is why I moved out in the stix man, if someone hears a gun shot it was one of three things, 1-someone shot a cat in the trash 2-someone shot a coon in the trash 3- someone just shooting !!!

Dwindling the worlds lead supply one cat at a time!!

Posts: 407 | Location: Right here ! | Registered: 10 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are lucky to be living in an area where the local law has a sense of humour and sensibility! Up here there would would have been 3 or 4 RCMP SWAT teams looking for someone to kill and even innocent bystanders aren't safe. derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Some fine shooting and one properly trained tom cat. roflmao

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting!!!

Johnch

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Old Elk Hunter:
He came back with the mauled steak held high.

It's always good when the evidence agrees with the story...

Good story OEH, happy ending. I shed a small tear when I read it...

Then I laughed my ass off! thumb

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
that's kind of the way i've been dropping possums in my backyard lately... i use my model 27 6" with speer shot capsules and #2 shot.....

LIFE IS SHORT..................

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
It may be that your neighbor wasn't the "snitch" but went in to tell wifey not to call the cops, and she had beaten him to it. She is probably the cat hugger in the wood-pile.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm confused, but why not just the lid on the little pussy and let him roast for a few minutes. Sure, a couple of steaks may be ruined, but now you have a barbqued cat, no potential trouble with the law and a puzzled neighbor.

one of us
posted Hide Post
257, the Slam-the-lid-on-the-grill Technique was discussed in infinite variety some months back as it relates to felonious felines. Roast crat imparts an unsavory taste on fine beef. Unlike shrimp and beef, or chicken and ribs. It is unfortunate but true. Frowner Well, your thought has merit on a philisophical basis, what with the energy crisis and all, and we need you to keep your noodle focused on the problem. There is no such thing as a truly bad was to corral a crat.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

http://www.Crispy.Critters

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Isn't it marvelous how some people can say just the right thing at the right time.
Foxhunter223

Posts: 231 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To follow up on Dans thought trend, After firing up the BBQ and having it ruined by the stench of crat hair for all time, sue the neighbour who failed to control his(or her) pet and wreck your favorite meal machine! thumb
Hey, one less pest and one new BBQ, what a great summer treat! beer derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote