THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    And thus, the pool comes to an end.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

And thus, the pool comes to an end.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I took my CZ out Saturday morning, about 9:30 CST, in a pretty hard driving rain, with about 35-40 mph winds, to get a pair of crows that had been making noise in an old cedar tree next to my dad's house. My glasses were getting pretty streaked up, and my coat and hat were doing nothing for the rain, which was coming mostly sideways. I peered into the cedar, and what I thought was crow, from inside the house, was just a broken bough hanging down. By this time, I'm soaked, cold, and disgusted, that I got my rifle all wet for the first time, when a sparrow landed on the peak of one of dad's sheds, about 25-30 yards away. I made sure the rear sight was set on 25 meters, said what the heck, and held about 4-6 inches into the wind, right level on him. A slow squeeze, as the barrel of the rifle pirouetted in the wind, and "thought" the trigger let off about right. Mr. English sparrow made one more grip on the roof with his claws, and went plunk! Right down to the ground, with a Winchester X .22 hp right through his chest.

I got out on Saturday again, once the rain (but not the wind) had come down, and got a cotton-tail with about a 20 yard shot through a bramble; I could see about 4 inches of his hide.

Good shooting, handy little gun!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you 120mm! I forget what date I chose but I don't think that was it.

Mebbe I'll just trot on down to Mexico with the pool anyway. I'll betcha nobody will come a lookin'.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Excellent! You have none of my money, so have fun!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote