Notify
Tools

Holey Moley!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I speared a BIG one yesterday. It's now fertilizing a red oak, waste not, want not.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There was a mole in a hole.
who gave no thought to hyperbole.
He trod down the tunnel,
as it narrowed like a funnel.

A minor inconvenience he sighed,
"I'll merely slide on by."
Folowed by, "Damn, I'm a mole,
and I have far too many holes!"

Annie cackled and howled,
"I got your ass now!",
and the Maters grow on in peace.

NOT Birman-Shave

Not my best work, but breakfast calls. Cat sausage casserole!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.ItsWhats.Cooking

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Derf, Parade Magazine recently did an article on the Scots-Irish... One of the thing it said was a healthy chunk of what we call the "American Perspective" is derived from the Sons of the Lion Rampart.

web page

It also mentioned that "his is a culture founded on guns, He considers the Second Amendment sacrosanct" So the next time you shoot yer toys, be sure to thank us!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Kill'em all,,,,Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Fred,

One of my Grandfathers had some Scottish so I suppose I do too, but pretty watered down. From what I remember, the last name was Mcleod or Macleod, but I am not sure if that is the proper spelling. So it would have been one of my great grandfathers.

Dan,

That is a real fine ditty. I could not wait to get home to see if I got another. There are different sections of my land that are "infected". Once I find repeater tunnels I set the spikes to do their work.

Since I am on-call this week it is difficult to go out deer hunting. So moling will have to be my entertainment until Friday. I set the live trap again with some of Briar's kibble for another furry surprise.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Being so frugal, Anne must be of Scots desent as well! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote