THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Big game rifles w/ handgun ammo - good fun

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big game rifles w/ handgun ammo - good fun
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted
Don't know if y'all know about this product or not. Accuracy at 50 yards is more than acceptable for cats, though you'll have to play with a few different factory loads. I've used the adaptors in 300WinMag and 30-06.

Here's the web site: http://alexcartridge.com/Default.htm
All sorts of options to play with.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Gonzo! I'm feeling quite a bit of empathy for the heros that hang around here, and though they are all capable of expressing their thoughts coherently and individually, I shall tippy-toe out on a limb and say that most are aware of this system. Further, from what I've read there seems to be a vast array of lead launchers at hand, and no reluctance to employ same. I personally have used everything from .22 CB shorts to the vaunted .405 Win, and all manner of shotguns. I've even heard of African double guns getting exercised on pussy around here. I suppose if I happen to be plinking with one of the Alexcartridges and opportunity knocked I would not hesitate to use it, however, I'm normally disposed to use what is handy at the moment of need. And I do keep them handy BTW.

Thanks for your effort in any case, and please do join in the frivolity here at the Cat Forum.

Still searching for the perfect vacuum........

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of reloaderman
posted Hide Post
I've used one of these adapters in a 223 Rem, to shoot 22RF ammo. They are labor intensive! They might be fun in a single shot, but too much trouble in my bolt gun. Accuracy was acceptable @ 25 yds, but just wasn't there for anything longer!

Posts: 707 | Location: West Texas,USA | Registered: 20 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gonzo FreakPower
posted Hide Post
Of course there's about a million variables, but I think the lack of accuracy might be caused by the low power 22LR. The 32ACP adaptors I tried were quite good to 50 yards, which I figure must be max useful range even with the long barrel.

And labor intensive is correct. It is a fun way to screw around with a big rifle though. And if a big rifle is all you have, these things give you a cat popping option that you just can't approach by downloading.

Posts: 557 | Location: Various... | Registered: 29 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

That's a truism. It's always good to have a couple of choices. The thing with the rim fire adapter in CF rifles is the bullet diameter. RF bullets rattle down the .224 bore and accuracy has always been mediocre with them. Your .32 adapter however is the opposite, stuffing an oversized bullet through a smaller bore. That will work, within limits.

But back to choices. I probably never told you about "choices" did I? Well, back before the Draft was canned and the ordinary Joe was subject to same, there was an aspect of being drafted that many are ignorant about. When you got drafted, it wasn't just into the Army, but the Corps as well. So, you had TWO choices. You could go Army, but then there was no further choice. If you selected the Corps, well then, there were TWO choices. You could remain in the States as an Honor Guard, or you could go to foreign shores. Of course there was no further choice if you elected the Honor Guard thing, but if you went overseas, there were TWO choices. Italy or a combat posting. Italy garnered no further choice, but COMBAT gave you TWO. You could be wounded or killed. Being wounded meant a trip to the nearest medical facility, then return to COMBAT, without further choice. Being killed however, meant that you had to have made previous choices by DD Form 1877-2b., since you were not allowed to be KIA without prior DOD approval.

Having been killed in COMBAT in service to ones country gave you the following menu to choose from:

1.a) You are to be buried at Arlington National Cemetary. Make no further selections.
b) You are to be cremated. Proceed to number 2.

2.a) You will have your ashes scattered at Normandy. Make no further selections.
b) Your ashes will be converted to paper by Monsanto. Go to number 3.

3.a) You will be processed into 9# Onionskin. Make no further choices.
b) You will be procesed into toilet tissue. Proceed to number 4.

4.a) You will be placed in the men's room at Camp Pendelton. Make no further choices.
b) You will be placed in the Ladies room at Carnegie Hall, and you have TWO choices.

I'll bet you were wondering what this was doing in the cat forum, Huh?

That is all.

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Good one Dan,Monsanto,,,lmao,,potk!!!

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote