New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: No way in hell,,,,,
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I think thats great claybuster, anyone dumb enough to pay $140 for a cat deserves to loose their money.

Posts: 101 | Location: Canada | Registered: 26 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Tooling through town in my truck with my son when we passed the pet store,,,Cody asked if we could stop and look at all the pets for sale.I said shure and found a parking spot.We looked at the fish,frogs,turtles,snakes,ferrets[are those weasels dad?],rabbits ,birds,lizzards,pups,etc.,then at the back of the store,,,,there they were,,,,,the crats,,,they looked like some you'd find in a barn,,,$140 each You could'nt pay me double to even think of taking one of those things home,,,Well at least to keep it alive for any length of time...Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clay I am absolutely astounded! I have never heard of anyone offering to pay someone $140 for a cat and you Turned it Down!? Give your head a shake man,you take 2 cats a day,get to support your family and your addiction?? derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OMG! Wait until Dragon Lady reads about this!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I'm with you Mr. Derf.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And upon review I must also add that Mr. Claybuster is clearly a person of great integrity to refuse bribes in this matter and thus maintain his judicial independence in case he is called upon to render a life of death decision.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I really hate crats,,I could see it now,the local animal control authorities bullying me because I'm cutting in on thier racket,Clay.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You hit on something there Clay. Just think of the bureaucracy that exists in nearly every county to take "care" of cats and what it costs. And with the same end result. Most of the cats I help don't survive. Most of the cats they help don't survive. I pay personally a few cents per cat. They pay hundreds of dollars per cat. Tax and spend, Eh? Kinda like TSA hiring those Federal employee voting machines to harass Grannies and Joe Foss (rest his soul) at airports when most of the problem was fixable at a few cents per head. This is not a rant for a Luddite. ned

one of us
posted Hide Post
This'n is. The only good gubmint is a VERY, VERY small gubmint. Mostly a different kind of 'crat, but I hate them too. By any form of logic, county run animal shelters are just another way to redistribute wealth. Me and my buddies Albert and Bob have a better solution......

Dan

Pres., TYGC

www.SlitherandChomp.crunch

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Indeed you do Dan,,Keep up the good work!! Please keep them well fed.The local v.f.d. would'nt give me a permit/booth space for the cat toss at thier spring carnival ,,They must be in cahoots with the animal control The guy's mouth dropped and his eyes got really big before he called me a sick s.o.b. though,,,Going to have to find a lawyer that hates crats more than I do,,I used to wear a pin on my jacket that said "big brother is watching"[3"round with a pic. of the former gov.,,2 gov's ago,,,had to retire the pin from too many d.a.questions]Clay.P.S. the one on the pin went on to be the treasury comptroller,,,Go figure,,,,,,