Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Bait
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted
Maybe you could conduct a scientific trial , like set out ten different bait types and see which ones you kill more off over a given time . 'course it would have to be done to approved methodology , and the resultant report put out for peer review , but this may well prove to be the first serious trial work done on preferred bait ...

Posts: 4454 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do any of you guys bait the cats ? I've been trying a few different things but I still haven't decided what works best. Maybe they can just sense all the bad vibes around the baiting area.

Posts: 83 | Location: Hampton Roads, VA | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tuna or variations thereof. Works every time! If your wanting just a lure, try hanging a white feather by string a few feet off the ground. Also works on bobcats.

The follow on question is "what do you do with the remains?". I have Gators on retainer, but geography may preclude all of you using them. Buzzards work, and they're kinda universal I think. Crows do it too but they take some time. Always though Wolfer's Cat-o-matic was a nice touch, especially after a pristine snowfall.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.QuoteThe.Raven

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote