The Accurate Reloading Forums
Re: Bait

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2121043/m/287101331

05 September 2004, 19:24
muzza
Re: Bait
Maybe you could conduct a scientific trial , like set out ten different bait types and see which ones you kill more off over a given time . 'course it would have to be done to approved methodology , and the resultant report put out for peer review , but this may well prove to be the first serious trial work done on preferred bait ...
05 September 2004, 18:43
TriggerHappy
Do any of you guys bait the cats ? I've been trying a few different things but I still haven't decided what works best. Maybe they can just sense all the bad vibes around the baiting area.
06 September 2004, 02:36
DigitalDan
Tuna or variations thereof. Works every time! If your wanting just a lure, try hanging a white feather by string a few feet off the ground. Also works on bobcats.

The follow on question is "what do you do with the remains?". I have Gators on retainer, but geography may preclude all of you using them. Buzzards work, and they're kinda universal I think. Crows do it too but they take some time. Always though Wolfer's Cat-o-matic was a nice touch, especially after a pristine snowfall.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.QuoteThe.Raven