Find
Notify
Tools

Re: A walk down memory lane...
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
Ah, I see now. I, myself, prefer a good G&T. Oh, and with lime.

Hmm, yes, real turkeys are rather pesky.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jpb
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Wild Turkey?! Gin and Tonic?!(I hope that Gin is Bombay Dry, Ann!) Forget all of this and consider this:

25 year old Macallan - If you try it, you'll never drink that swill they call "blended Scotch" again

Toolmaker

Toolmaker:

You are a fine judge of whiskey and women and there are very few of us left! (an old Scottish toast, but appropos here).

I recently had some of the fine malt you picture above, and it was indeed worth the price of admission!

jpb

Posts: 1006 | Location: northern Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Wild Turkey?! Gin and Tonic?!(I hope that Gin is Bombay Dry, Ann!) Forget all of this and consider this:

25 year old Macallan - If you try it, you'll never drink that swill they call "blended Scotch" again

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Toolmaker

TM,

ARE YOU BUYING?

Normally, I buy Tangueray. It's 47% and the rest, including Bombay are slightly lacking in octane. Though I have bought Bombay before, their bottle of blue gin is rather intriguing but not for the price.

Anyway, I'll send you my address and you can send a complimentary bottle of that Macallan stuff to me to try out.

Posts: 19149 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
In my family it was a toast to "him who came over the waters"(Grandma was from Kilmarnock, Scotland) The 25 is generally a special order, but can be found readily on ebay. The 18 is stocked in at least 2 local places that I know of. It sure is pricey though! Lately I've been drinking my stock of 12yr Glenlivet, but I have to call about a new job today, soif it goes well, I may splurge on a bottle of 18yr Mac...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Tellyuwhut Ann, we can trade Whiskey for Christmas - here's what's on my list:

Macallan 1926
60 Years Old
85.2Proof 750ml
$34,000< !--color-->

It's available here. They have a pretty good selection here is there Single Malt Whiskey list.

Toolmaker

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Very good people.
I find myself liking this forum more and more.
Speaking of fine wines and spirits , I have found that just about any alcohol is best experienced with good friends.
Just last night I was delighted to share a bottle of Port with a few of my Compadres.
Said bottle was in a paper bag and consumed under a bridge while huddled around the burning barrel.
Ahh ,,the good things.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry folks
I am just a Shot and Beer type of pussy . I also will dlink some wine if Kirk or Spock are buying . I just was thinking too I don't have pockets to carry money so I guess I just have to keep freeloading

I have hooch at My Bowl
Birman

Posts: 515 | Location: The fields of Delaware but now Pa too | Registered: 04 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Are you kidding?! the 12yr is pretty reasonable at $45USD a bottle, but the 18yr is something like a hair under 100 bucks - the 25 is in the 350 range! Tellyuwhut, I'll trade a bottle of 25yr for that nice shiny new tractor of yours. I can live with trading at a loss! Anyhoo, forget Bombay Sapphire, the Bombay Dry is better. Tanaqueray I like, especially with some Noilly Prat, in the proper ratio Tell me, what do you think of making "Martinis" with vodka? Tanq is a good deal for the dollar, but I still think that the clear bottle with Victoria's stern portrait is the best around. Tanq's got a new one called "one" or "ten" or whatever it is in the new funky green bottle, it is horrible. Trying to cash in on yuppie elitism... I posted today about Scotch here on another thread. One can find many wonderful things for less than $60USD

one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
'tis a bit foggy.
Something about a bird,not Turkey,,,oh yeah,,,Old Crow I believe.
Barrel was steel with stuff you find under bridges for fuel,pigeon droppings,soiled underwear, a dried up cat,and the old stand by,,,cardboard.
What I found most remarkable was those 'left handed Mexican Marlboros.'

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post

Toolmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Tellyuwhut Ann, we can trade Whiskey for Christmas - here's what's on my list:

Macallan 1926
60 Years Old
85.2Proof 750ml
$34,000< !--color-->

It's available here. They have a pretty good selection here is there Single Malt Whiskey list.

Toolmaker

Hell, I think you can buy two Masseys and add the snowblower option for a bottle of that.

No mas on that one, bro. I luv's my tractor a lot more than something that will just make me run to the toilet!

I've never made a Martini, no experience with Vodka. I like the gin because it always takes me back to Africa.

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Was it Ripple or (god forbid) Thunderbird? Also whut kinda barrel was it and what were you burning, trash, or busted up pallets?

Toolmaker

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
People who make Vodka cocktails and call them Maritini's are agents of the devil and should be horsewhipped accordingly. Scotch could rather eloquently be called "beer squared" since the processes are almost identical till the mash goes in the still. As for sublime elixer known as gin, well:

Toolmaker