New
Find
Notify
Tools

War is Declared!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I went out to my building to work on some coyote traps,goning to start coyote trapping about the 15th.A field lion had gotten into the building and dragged a bottle of coyote gland lure off the shelf and chewed up the Zip lock bag it was in.Thankfully the jar didn't break,this may be my finest batch.As I type I'm watching the shop door in the yard light.I have the Mag 10 stuffed with 3 1/2" coppercoated BB's.When Field Lionius Sneakus shows up I'm going to do him!!!! I have a backup of a 220 Conibear in a bucket cubby with a piece of Antelope hide on the trigger with a smear of the gland lure.I'm going to see if I can get some 330 springs on a 220 frame,it should speed the field lions departure.The town I use to live in is getting overrun with field lions.Some woman from Idaho turned a couple litters loose.The town isn't too far from the house,let's see, how about a drive by with the Studebaker and the Mag 10.I got to go have a snort of Li Down and touch up a blade.

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Wolfer, what can I say but suggest an Heavy barrel AR with an Nightvision scope! It's good your taking it personal, give you motivation to move forward on your making the area "mouse friendly" I would also suggest getting some predug holes ready in case you hafta dispose of "evidence" quickly. Good luck!

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking the Cat-O-Matic would be more spectacular, and convenient than predug holes, but to each according to his wants and needs. I have Fargo on my mind...

Good luck Wolfer, they're all counting on you!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.AmberAlert.ForAlbert

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Too noisy, The neighbors would be a might suspicious of running a snowblower in July at 3 AM. Hmm, mebbe a suppressor for the AR is called for...

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Where is the camera when you need it.The Field Lion didn't show up on my watch.I did find him this morning.He had a 220 necklace,even had the piece of Antelope hide in his mouth when he took the dirt nap.I really wanted a picture of that for thr forum but Ma keeps hiding the camera.Oh well back to the trap pile.There was a 1/2" of ice on top of the horse trough this morning.Winter is coming.

Posts: 281 | Location: N.E. Montana | Registered: 08 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There's nothing like a cold one to start your day Wolfer! Man alive, I'm jealous! Couple of days back I might have paid big bucks for a 1/2" of ice on anything! Now, as is typical after 'canes, it is...HOT...STILL...and hurricanes SUCK! Sure would like to send one to Taxachussetts.

You think your cat got his tongue frozen to the bait before the trap went off?

Well, like you said, it's coming. We were all set for some prime fishing a week back, now who knows? It'll take a month for the water to clear, then it'll be winter. I might be ready for a move to Montana...got to go sharpen my chains...

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Steamed.InYankeetown

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I entertain myself here in Iraq with handloaded 40gBT and 50g HORNADY SX suppressed with a waterbottle.(Good for @3 or 4 shots.) using H335 at 24g out of an A2. My spouse mailed me a cheapy Lee press and dies. Powder got over here in a care package Mccormick pepper bottle. Above loads should work well on insurgents as well. Desert Leopards are getting scarce nowdays. Anyways, i'm all for a "combined attack" on the CAT FORUM FORUMS. Some of the stuff they write about there brings a tear to the compassionate side of me. The survey I answered to my "favorite" color of cat by the way is "red". They didn't see the humor in it.....

Posts: 73 | Location: North Central / Montana | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I went out to my building to work on some coyote traps,goning to start coyote trapping about the 15th.A field lion had gotten into the building and dragged a bottle of coyote gland lure off the shelf and chewed up the Zip lock bag it was in.Thankfully the jar didn't break,this may be my finest batch.As I type I'm watching the shop door in the yard light.I have the Mag 10 stuffed with 3 1/2" coppercoated BB's.When Field Lionius Sneakus shows up I'm going to do him!!!! I have a backup of a 220 Conibear in a bucket cubby with a piece of Antelope hide on the trigger with a smear of the gland lure.I'm going to see if I can get some 330 springs on a 220 frame,it should speed the field lions departure.The town I use to live in is getting overrun with field lions.Some woman from Idaho turned a couple litters loose.The town isn't too far from the house,let's see, how about a drive by with the Studebaker and the Mag 10.I got to go have a snort of Li Down and touch up a blade.

-----------------

field lion

Are you talking about Mountain Lion's ?

down on the ranch we just use plian old 45/70's

there no better then a sheep killing dog anyway

Posts: 1557 | Location: Home of the original swage | Registered: 29 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Martin, You don't come to the small game forum often, huh?

You might want to take a look at some of the other threads here to answer your question.

Toolmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Martin, I've read many of your posts elsewhere at AR and though I normally don't override the judgement of my fellow co-conspirators I shall make an exception here, if only for the chance to pontificate about all things good. Good, as in dead cats.

Porch Panthers, Field Lions, Sail Cats, Poulan Pussies, Lap Lynx, Garaguars, Pasture Pussy, Ranch Cougars, Pissalots(brand new!), Feloinious Domesticatus, Feloins, Closet Cats, 10X, The list is worse than the never-ending story! They come is all colors, and sizes, there is no closed season, no rules or restriction beyond common sense, nor apparently an end in sight to the war we've fought so galantly for the last 2 years or so. My quest is for the perfect vaccum. If you're not familiar, look up the phrase on any old PETA site on the net. Toolmaker is our Cat Cannon expert, Mr. G. Ned Ludd the expert metalsmith for all things lead in a molten state. I feed the gators, wax poetic now and then, and offer advice when appropriate. Now is a good example; we could use your expertise in the Swaging field, both for bullets and perhaps cats. Do they make a good round nose flat base swage die that will handle a full size tabby? I'd prefer it be suitable for paper patching, and hope to send the results up to N'Yawk for my friend ToolMaker to try in one of his air cannons. Bet we can set a world distance with that'n, whaddaya think?

Well, now you know what Field Lion means. You also probably think I'm schizophrenic, and we wouldn't argue the point. You really can get a lot of mileage out of the archives for this forum though, just as TM said. Try 'Birman-Shave' for starters.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Professional.ChainSharpening

posted Hide Post
I've swagged a couple of them with muh rollin pin. Stops them in ther tracks. Particuler if ther nappin on the boot of the car when I step out on the carport.

Posts: 8 | Location: southside Virginia | Registered: 07 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Round Nose?! Pffft! Forget that! I wanna 10 Secant Ogive Boattail! There may be some unpleasant crunching noises during forming though - if not a redesign incorporating said unpleasant crunching noises is necessary

Toolmaker