Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Sad to say
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
Hello 120 mm. Perhaps you can find a contact who can help you find a room in a private home for 60 days. They are commonly availabe if you can get tuned in and vouched for by a helpful local who will ask around for you. It might be a co-worker's spare bedroom, or a townhouse basement bedroom. I found such arrangements several times for newly hired staff or borrowed TDY types by asking my staff to help out. Start where you will be working. It is in their intrest to help. You can do anything for 60 days, as you know. You will enjoy time-off tourism, and I do reccommend the D.C. museums, Smithsonian, etc.etc., Yorktown, Williamsburg, Gettysburg, Winchester, Appomattox Courthouse, Baltimore, The flying circus near Warrenton, and certainly at least one 5* meal in D.C., and a northern Va. mall trip. Your appreciation of Middle America will be renewed. ned

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have found a long term motel in Front Royal that is clean and affordable. I'm pretty happy here. I'm thinking of buying a cap and ball revolver and getting some pistol work done out here just to improve myself.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We shall await your book 120mm, "Cap and Ball in the District: Or why I was in better humor in Najaf"

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.ColtWalker.Speedloaders

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ruger Old Army,Drew! The only way to go. derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I'd have a hard time flipping a old army into the potomac,,,,A sten pts. kit,,,a stop at napa,,pick up some generic ammo at the gun show ,,and mow the lawn One of first times I visited d.c.,,I watched a co-worker smack this guy upside the head with a fire extinguisher,,then the guy laughed at him ,,it should have been a ko! Well to make it short,,I tackled the nut,,co-worker grabbed his arms,,then we pitched him over the balcony and ran like hell Don't work alone in dc.Clay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
D.C is nicknamed Death City. Watch your tail and be informed when exploring. I am about 80 Miles north of that hole in PA. My brother inlaw works there and is moving up my way and will deal with the drive. Good luck

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Wow are you going to miss deer season in Iowa????

Posts: 19130 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I live in NoVA and it can be expensive around Dulles due to the business corridor on the toll road. I would look in Leesburg or further west. The added benefit is you will be closer to the mountains. PM me if I can help and/or you want to find some area ranges.

G23c

Posts: 13 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 08 August 2003Reply With Quote