THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    A question for the Think Tank.....

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A question for the Think Tank.....
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted
I've seen it used here and on a few of the other AR forums... What the hell does SWMBO mean? I've never seen it at any other web forum so I assume I missed the joke. Judging by the context, I would guess it to mean wife or significant other.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back when I read the personals for giggles, the SWM part would translate to Single White Male. Just a guess but how about BO = Boogaloos Often? I don't have a clue, never saw it before that I noticed. Don't mind the babble in the background TM.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www. .

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Dan, after doing a search on SWMBO, I found that JeffeOsso is the most recent poster to use the term. I will post the question in the Gunsmithing forum and see what the answer is.

Toolmaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Jeffe cleared up this Scooby mystery, SWMBO means "She who must be obeyed"

Toolmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well,at least that's one problem I don't got! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gee, can you say that on a shooting web site?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.LittleWomen.SharpTongues

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Now I do like that!

Obviously a very smart man thought of that. Smarter men adhear to it!

Posts: 19124 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Of course, Ann that only applies when she's around. When the "better" half isn't present, she is probably refered to as "PITA"

Toolmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Lovely PITA, live in maid
Lovely Pita, live in maid...

Having a Beatles flashback, sorry. The only thing I come up with on that one, is well, I am so convinced it's wrong, and I don't want to offend our Greek neighbors and all, and so TM whut's that'n mean?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.IfYouDropYourWalletIn.KeyWest

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
Pain
In
The
Ass

Toolmaker

one of us
posted Hide Post
Aw Fudge! I knew that! Sorta. Hey TM, thanks again, and if you drop your wallet in Key West don't bend over to pick it up until you've kicked it outside the city limits. Did you know they actually sell PITA sandwhiches down there in South Florida? I wonder what's really in them. Wonder who thought it up...and why? Those folks have any self respect at all?

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Practicing.Homophobe

one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
The next broad I date I'm gonna give a T shirt to with SWMBO on the front and PITA on the back, this way I know what to call her no matter how she's faced!

Toolmaker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Women, yah can't live with them and you can't kill them! Silly bloody laws. We should never have removed their iron collers! derf

Oh, by the way Ann,I fixed that ducks.ca link,I think!

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a buddy from the UK--single gent--who referred to my wife as the EPO.

I later got a translation from him.

"Entertainment Prevention Officer".

Not always true. Sometimes she can be very entertaining.

Posts: 132 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
That's why I date short women - there's less digging when the relationship ends!

Toolmaker