Find
Notify
Tools

A few mounts home.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JohnWKiely
posted
This week a few of last years mounts arrived home. I had made up some bases to display them on so as to use a bit of floor space.

A couple of photos.

Red Deer.

A pair of Fallow.

And in the trophy room.

Posts: 75 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice job on picking out unique, natural wood bases. It brings a lot of character to your mounts and your trophy room overall.

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice John...Beautiful bases!!! tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Hell of a trophy room
Thanks for sharing
Jealous

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sforbsy
posted Hide Post
Love how your room is full of Deer only...give me a greater reason to hunt and l would turn to fishing. A wall dedicated to Samber deer only would be the pinnacle of all trophy rooms. Thanks for the pic & nice work.

Posts: 193 | Location: The Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: 14 September 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of webby954
posted Hide Post
fantastic trophy room and love the new red deer mount the naturalwood you have used for the pedstal really adds to the aesthetics of it

adrian

Posts: 7 | Location: lancashire england uk | Registered: 28 September 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, I love that double pedestal! I hope you don't mind but I am going to steal your idea Roll Eyes ! I am going to look for a piece of cedar that looks similar to that configuration!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnWKiely
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason P:
Wow, I love that double pedestal! I hope you don't mind but I am going to steal your idea Roll Eyes ! I am going to look for a piece of cedar that looks similar to that configuration!

Jason,
I'm glad you like the idea and feel free to use it. The wood I used is the roots from some very old Red Gum trees. I think they came up OK.

Posts: 75 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Very nice

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. Love the roaring stag in the back ground. What about a picture of that?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnWKiely
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Fantastic. Love the roaring stag in the back ground. What about a picture of that?

Thanks mate. Photos below.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
lovely

WL

Posts: 63 | Location: N.E Vic- Awwstraya | Registered: 24 October 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Love that snake -it is dead! Very well done room and great showing of your past hunts.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Wonderful "hall of horns." I am not a wood worker, but your pedestal choices are superb.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jan Dumon
posted Hide Post
That pair of Fallow Deer is superb. great idea.

Jan Dumon
Professional Hunter& Outfitter
www.shumbasafaris.com

+27 82 4577908

Posts: 774 | Location: Greater Kruger - South Africa | Registered: 10 August 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of EddieWalker
posted Hide Post
Great looking room. The different wood used really adds a lot to it.

Eddie

Posts: 129 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: 23 December 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Superb!

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
What's the snake skin John?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnWKiely
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
What's the snake skin John?

Hi Bakes,
I'm not 100% sure. I bought the skin in 1970 at a trash and treasure sale for $5 if memory serves me correctly.
I was going to use it for leather work but never did. It has a stamp on the back which is difficult to read but probably to do with importation.

I have checked a few photos on the internet and I believe it to be a Boa Constrictor. I am glad I never cut it for leatherwork though.