Find
Notify
Tools

Triple Pedestal advice
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello!

I am looking for some triple pedestal examples any of you may have. I would really like to "stack" or come up with some unique, with 3 shoulder mounts on one pedestal.

The animals I will have mounted are a Nyala, Bushbuck, and a Blesbok. Thanks!

Posts: 2640 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of EddieWalker
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/search?...uLlgLAK&ved=0CCAQsAQ

While I didn't see the exact combo of animals that you are wanting to have done, I did see several pictures of three animals on a pedestal that might give you and idea of what you are looking for.

Eddie

Posts: 129 | Location: Tyler, TX | Registered: 23 December 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my mind the three don't go together and wouldn't look good in a triple stack. Bushbuck and Nyala together make sense but the Blesbok just doesn't fit. Go with a double for the two bush critters and keep the Blesbok separate.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Sportsmans Warehouse in Bangor, Washingto has a few of those.

Honestly they look like shit.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I guess it depends on whether you shot them in the same pasture. Sorry, that wasn't nice.

Posts: 10003 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I guess it depends on whether you shot them in the same pasture. Sorry, that wasn't nice.

Why are you apologizing to me?

One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Aaron Simser from Artistic Vision Wildlife Studios has done a few triple stack pedestals. There are two I believe pictured on his website. http://www.artisticvisionswildlife.com/

He's done a few more that I know of that are not pictured on the site.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a quadruple stack of the four color phases of Springbok done mounted on a piece of granite with a steel square stock bar that runs up through each for support. This was easily accomplished by my taxidermist. You could discuss this with a competent taxidermist and perhaps acquire the granite yourself. I did just this and my mount came out dramatically stunning. It does take up some room due to the fact that it is nearly 48" high by 24"x 24" square at the base. I will have two Blesbok, common and white, done in this way when I receive them after our trip this year this April. These make stunning mounts and people can actually see them up close to appreciate. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bisonhunter1
posted Hide Post
Hey Jason P, while I don't have any triple stack mounts, that would look pretty cool. Dont let the other nay sayers on here bother you, they are your mounts to display as YOUY wish. In particular to BWW, I think your comment "Honestly they look like shit" is way out of line to guy you don't even know. Ive read a lot of your posts on here and for a ex Navy guy you do seem pretty full of it, but then hey thats just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like. Also the Sportsmand Warehouse here is NOT in Bangor but rather in Silverdale, WA (thats half the name of the local Navy base), not a "town" or "city" here in Washington. I outa know since I live and work here.

Again, Jason go with what YOU want and if you every get it done send me a picture by PM.

Willi

Posts: 576 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bisonhunter1:
Hey Jason P, while I don't have any triple stack mounts, that would look pretty cool. Dont let the other nay sayers on here bother you, they are your mounts to display as YOUY wish. In particular to BWW, I think your comment "Honestly they look like shit" is way out of line to guy you don't even know. Ive read a lot of your posts on here and for a ex Navy guy you do seem pretty full of it, but then hey thats just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like. Also the Sportsmand Warehouse here is NOT in Bangor but rather in Silverdale, WA (thats half the name of the local Navy base), not a "town" or "city" here in Washington. I outa know since I live and work here.

Again, Jason go with what YOU want and if you every get it done send me a picture by PM.

Willi

Glad you have the time on your hands to e-stalk me.

The ones in the Sportsmans in SILVERDALE do look like shit. One of them looks like it is so off centered it will fall over.

I have not seen any 3 head triple stack mounts look good. Taxidermy is subjective, and if looks like shit it to me it is my opinion.

You are not the first person to whine about what I have written, and you won't be the last. I don't attack people, I don't bully people, but do write how I feel about things. Honest open discussion, just what AR is about.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the advice!

Bison:

I will surely send you some pic's. I found a great looking cedar pedestal online, that's now being built. The guy was highly recommended and I'm looking forward to seeing it. I actually found out that my taxidermist has ordered from the same guy before!

I'm hoping/thinking the red will be a nice contrast to the mounts. I have a lot of confidence in my taxidermist and usually just give him a basic idea of what I want, then let him use his creativity. I've always been happy with his work.

I'm helping a friend do a show down in Midland Texas, in June. I should have it done by then!

Thanks again!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTGunner:
I had a quadruple stack of the four color phases of Springbok done mounted on a piece of granite with a steel square stock bar that runs up through each for support. This was easily accomplished by my taxidermist. You could discuss this with a competent taxidermist and perhaps acquire the granite yourself. I did just this and my mount came out dramatically stunning. It does take up some room due to the fact that it is nearly 48" high by 24"x 24" square at the base. I will have two Blesbok, common and white, done in this way when I receive them after our trip this year this April. These make stunning mounts and people can actually see them up close to appreciate. MTG

I want to do this very thing. Do you have pictures of yours?

Posts: 352 | Location: Washington State, USA | Registered: 29 July 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My triple pedestal finally completed. I will be glad to send some pic's if any of you are interested in seeing it.

One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
just post it here so we can all see.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote