THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Pictures or ideas on using Warthog tusks

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pictures or ideas on using Warthog tusks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was hoping that those on this site might be able to provide some ideas. I specifically accumulated about 8-10 large tusks with the original idea of making a bow rack. Those items that I have seen are pretty straight forward and do not excite me enough to replicate. Has anyone done a really attractive project with warthog tusks that I might copy off of, and make use of this box of stuff sitting under my desk?

Posts: 29 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had several knives made out of them that turned out nice

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have 8 sets on a 5 foot board they are glued to the board laying flat like horseshoes (meaning tips upward bases together) It looks good as the board is oak stained dark. i used liquid nails to glue them .Also fill the hollow bases with silicone or wax they will crack over time. Good luck

Posts: 590 | Location: Georgia pine country | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Wart hog tusks are true ivory, and make very good night flip up front sights for double rifles for going into dark places in follow-ups where light is dim. They do not yellow!

I have magnifying glasses with handles that are large warthog tusks.

...…………………………...…………...…. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Always great as a coffee table piece if you cant find anything else to use them for!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seen them filled and then used as bottle openers. Makes nice little gifts too.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Charlie64 says ...
I have them laying around in their respective groups of 4 coffee table book shelves they are just fun to look at or pick up..

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for a few more suggestions. Curiously there have been a pretty small number of ideas over a long time. I am still holding out for something "special".

Posts: 29 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote