THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Integrating trophy room and reloading bench

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Integrating trophy room and reloading bench
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The wife and I will be building our retirement home next spring. The first floor will have vaulted ceilings with areas to display a few trophies. And like any strong alpha-husband worth his salt, I have exerted my dominance and can now claim most of the walk out basement for man cave type stuff. The large walk out basement will have most of my trophies, "outdoor collections", a walk in vault, reloading bench, bar/entertainment, my outdoor library, and an office.

In my other homes, my reloading bench has always been in a closed off area, isolated from any "common area" and company. Has anyone been successful in incorporating their reloading area with the trophy room, and entertainment areas? I've seen one that is well done, but am looking for other ideas and designs.

You may fool the whole world down the pathway of years
And get pats on the back as you pass.
But your final reward will be heartache and tears
If you've cheated the man in the glass

Posts: 49 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: 23 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Earlybugle:
The wife and I will be building our retirement home next spring. The first floor will have vaulted ceilings with areas to display a few trophies. And like any strong alpha-husband worth his salt, I have exerted my dominance and can now claim most of the walk out basement for man cave type stuff. The large walk out basement will have most of my trophies, "outdoor collections", a walk in vault, reloading bench, bar/entertainment, my outdoor library, and an office.

In my other homes, my reloading bench has always been in a closed off area, isolated from any "common area" and company. Has anyone been successful in incorporating their reloading area with the trophy room, and entertainment areas? I've seen one that is well done, but am looking for other ideas and designs.

This is what I wanted to do in the CO house I am building, but unfortunately, the ridge on which the house will sit is solid rock, so no walk out basement.

I did something similar to what you want to do in my old MN house. Wasn't vaulted ceilings, but I had a huge "L" shaped room downstairs. I segmented part of the "L" off with a sofa pit set that was set in front of a wall unit with my books and a TV. My reloading area was at the angle of the L. The other side of the L is where I put rugs, etc.

In my current house I have a dedicated reloading room next to my TR. It has a door, but I rarely close it.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
I can't keep my reloading room clean enough to be part of my trophy room...

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking about designating one corner for reloading. Line the two walls with off the rack Lowes or Home Depot cabinets with butcherblock tops, use a couple of the gun safes to demarcate the line between "reloading" and "trophy room".

Hopefully this way the clutter that threatens to take over my reloading room can be kept from spreading and hidden away occasionally!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
is 12 feet the right height?

Our gun club in Australia had a nice bar, that was about 30x50 with 12 feet high ceilings.

Had Queenslander roof and was made of brick.

I have been thinking it would be a cool way to build one.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Twelve feet seems like a happy compromise between the more or less standard 8 foot wall hight and feeling like you are living in the NASA assembly building. And when you sell, it should be easier to move.

Search the archive and this question has come up before.

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote